News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

No Name in Game Lobby

Started by Ross Przybylski, July 08, 2010, 06:20:16 AM MT

Ross Przybylski

We discovered a new bug playing tonight where a player joined the game lobby but it didn't show their name to the other players.  When the game started, they couldn't perform any actions and upon disconnect/rejoin, they were unable to resume control of their units (the game treated them as spectator instead of player since it checks by player name).

Please keep an eye out for this bug.  If you notice your name isn't showing in game lobby, quit/rejoin before game starts to avoid problems commanding units until we uncover the cause of this issue and post a fix.

If anyone uncovers the exact steps to reproduce the "no name appearing in game lobby" bug, I would be greatly appreciative if you would post your findings here.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Joshua

I have noticed that this bug had occured when there was more than four players. I also suspect that it could be a timing issue - where if multiple players joined a room at the approx same time, they might grab a same seat?

Ross Przybylski

I've done some testing and now suspect this bug along with the related issues of two players joining the same player slot are likely being caused by a bug in the Smart Fox Server itself.

I'm working with their development team to resolve the problem.  If you're interested in Smart Fox Server development, feel free to check out our post on their forums:

https://www.smartfoxserver.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=31897#31897
Manager of D20Studios, LLC