News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Starting a Game Company

Started by ShadowKnows, July 10, 2010, 04:36:41 AM MT

ShadowKnows

Hi Ross,

I would like to get your insights and how you started your game company.  Also, any web sites for people wanting to start one.  Along with anyone else's imput on how to or go about doing so?  thanks

Ross Przybylski

Excellent questions, Shadow!  I wanted to acknowledge your post and let you know I'm putting some resources together for you.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Claw

Iam a Developer too, me and my brother we have a little GameStudio in Germany and we develop for NintendoDS.
HeroMages is a Game i would like to see on the new Nintendo3DS with all the features and some new Stuff :)

Ross Przybylski

Quote from: Claw on August 16, 2010, 08:51:47 PM MT
Iam a Developer too, me and my brother we have a little GameStudio in Germany and we develop for NintendoDS.
HeroMages is a Game i would like to see on the new Nintendo3DS with all the features and some new Stuff :)

I could totally see Hero Mages being popular on the DS.  You've got the two screens - 1 could be the game board and the other would be your cards/unit stats/etc.  The built in wireless would make it easy to play multiplayer with your friends.  Plus you've got the touch screen which would make "poking" the units with the stylus and having them look up at you all the more fun.

Claw

a little single player mode would be great, a bit like the board game HeroQuest(i love it!)
Thats why i like your game from the first visit on, it reminds me on heroquest.
Your Engine has much possibilities that can i see when i spectate and watch the games
btw: it would be great fun if i could design a Char for the Game, there are a lot ideas;)

Ross Przybylski

I am also a Hero Quest fan- in fact, Hero Quest was a huge inspiration for Hero Mages.  Once we've completed the AI, we'll resume design possibilities on the single-player/questing aspect.  For more info on this, be sure to check out my developer diaries on Hero Mages Adventures/Coop Quest modes.

Since you are interested in designing your own character, why not join our Character Design Contest?  All you need to do is vote for us in the indiePub contest and submit your ideas on our forum.  Full details here: https://heromages.com/forums/index.php?topic=301.0

Claw

belive me my friend iam  on indiePub as i said *support* *support* *support* ;D
Truly you make a little dream come true! Its hard these days to find some Players for the HeroQuest board game and i also have less time for such things-.-
HeroMages can i have open every time to enjoy even @ work and its not so easy for me to find a new game for me there is so much crap to fool the gamer(fast money-less quality) and iam more RetroGamer.
On my flag is written: From Gamers for Gamers!