News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Balance the MAPS !

Started by DalaiLamer, July 10, 2010, 05:29:21 PM MT

DalaiLamer

hello

Dungeon of blockade 6 player map is unbalanced ... The one teams mage can attack directly to the other side of mages !!!! and the other cant do the same, because they got a other block...

Valley of war is  UNBALANCED , the last player on 4on4 will have his sorc killed... is it so hard to put a wall in the middle with 3-4 exit/holes ?

Admin have you even played the maps self ??

Gift me a map editor and i will create u some good maps.

Why warrior do have more def then paladin with shield . and 1 more HP war has... the DEF between war and paladin need to be switched for my meanings.

Why there is no balanced 3 people map ?

thx for reading, i hope you will patch it.

diesbudt

First on the 3 by 3 map... since the game is a Line of sight game.  If A can hit B, than B can hit A.  and all but 2 maps are mirrored... so if 1 side can do it so can the other.  unless you are trying to say something else.

In valley of war it is ment to be that open. That is the point. You don't have to use that map.

Also the paladin has many more support abilities and 1 more strength, which is why he has 1 less def.   The warrior can increase his base strength by 1  (attacking twice) but will make his defense 1 less than the paladins.

Also it is really hard to balance an odd # of players map  (3/5/7) because it can't be mirrored since the map is square.

Ross Przybylski

Hi Dalai,

Thanks for posting.  Yes, there are some differences in LOS in Dungeon Blockade due to the nonsymmetrical structure of the map.  The north side has their barrier block one space closer to the mages than the south end, providing better cover at closer range.  However, the position of this block also leaves north side more vulnerable from diagonal attacks coming from the south corner.  The differences are subtle (only by a couple spaces) but can make an impact on attack strategies.

In Valley of War, the last player on the team does arguably have a disadvantage, but, on the converse, so does the last player on the opposing team.  Here’s where effective team strategies come into play: use your Team Chat ability (hotkey: “T”) to coordinate with your allies.  If your mage is in a vulnerable position, request help from your allies to use shield spells, healing, or position units to block enemy attacks.  Part of the fun and challenge of Hero Mages is recognizing the natural disadvantages and randomness of the game and uncovering ways to overcome obstacles and turn the battle in your favor.

And, of course, we also offer a map editor so you can experiment with your own ideas.  The best part is that you can reuse your editor slots and, any friends you invite to your game can play on your maps (even if they don’t have map editor slots).

Hope this helps!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC