News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Ross - Question

Started by Aizen, July 13, 2010, 05:19:56 PM MT

Aizen

Im in the process of commissioning a artist for a large scale CCG. Looked through hundreds of applicants, and i am down to around 5.

One of them is Oraystudios, whom you know. I was interested in how much they charged you for that particular work, as well as how you liked it, and how well it was done ( considering what you wanted ).

Also that they have the images still on there website, and your copyright is not renewed. Could be bad times.

Ross Przybylski

Hi Aizen,

Oray Studios did our character illustrations, animated unit models, environment illustrations, and a few of the spell animations.

I did a lot of research and talent searching before I decided on Oray Studios.  I chose them because:

1) They were the only art studio willing to create an example animation custom-tailored for my game to demonstrate they had not only the artistic skill, but the technical capability to produce assets in the specifications I needed. This level of service was beyond my expectations and is a true rarity in the industry.

2) They offered the highest quality and the most competitive price for the work I needed.

Having worked long-term with Oray Studios on the Hero Mages project, I will also add that they are excellent communicators. I had a very easy time explaining what I needed and they provided spot-on mockup sketches of my character concepts with very fast turn-around.  Additionally, they were enthusiastic and excited about the work.  They gave me every reason to trust them and followed through with their commitments to me with exceptional professionalism and dilligence.  We learned alot from each other working together- I highly recommend them.

I hope this helps you in your search, Aizen. Let me know how your game development goes- a large scale CCG sounds exciting!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC