News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

DRAWS/WASHES/CONCEDE

Started by space, July 14, 2010, 06:05:25 AM MT

space

Just a really quick thought of mine after a few games lately losing in a ranked games simply due to my teammate(s) leaving in the start of game. I think there should first off be some option to "remake" a game if someone d/c's in the game. Or simply having a in-game vote for a draw feature or something to that extent.

Another idea i had was to possibly have a wash feature in ranked games IE: If one player from each team dies in a 2v2 lets say that would wash the game granting now rank change to any player essentially voiding the game.

Just some ideas thanks for the time.

diesbudt

Ah, now that would be an idea.

a Feature that once per game someone can offer a 'draw' vote. (ranked games only)  And if all players in that game agree and vote for the draw, the game is than drawn with no winners /losers.

Though it would have to be limited to 1 time per game as to not get annoying by immatures when they are losing and want a draw.

Though a wash?  The whole point in a team battle is to knock out other players on the opposite team. If it happens that you each take 1 person out on each team, than its a good game (and strategy) as it is decently matched. In no way should taking out 1 member on both teams be considered a wash and not count.

Otherwise good ideas, keep'em coming.

space

Yeah the wash idea i just threw out there but i have not really seen i need for it , mainly just a way to void the game when someone just up and leaves you hanging.

Ross Przybylski

I don't quite understand the wash concept, but the draw feature sounds like an excellent idea.  This would be especially helpful in those situations where a teammate drops early on or when the game host sets up the map incorrectly.

I'm not sure "Draw" is the right term here, though.  In the Elo rating system, Draws would have a special impact on rating.  Maybe we'd call this "Vote to Restart" or "Vote to Void"?  Ideas on the name?
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

diesbudt

Quote from: Ross Przybylski on July 14, 2010, 09:35:10 PM MT
or when the game host sets up the map incorrectly.

Who would ever do such a foolish thing such as this???

NGV  = Negate Game vote

space

Ross Przybylski

Manager of D20Studios, LLC