News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

2v2 Tournament

Started by space, July 14, 2010, 08:00:10 AM MT

Would you be interested, can you get a solid partner?

i would play but have no partner.
2 (66.7%)
i would play and have a partner.
1 (33.3%)
Other
0 (0%)
I wouldnt be interested
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: July 19, 2010, 08:00:09 AM MT

space

TEAMS REGISTERED SO FAR:(TWO PLAYERS NEEDED FOR TOURNAMENT TO LAUNCH!)

1 - Alderon / Vinman

2 - Sinney / amorphis

3 - no0bzilla / space

4 - murmullos / kefkam

5 - Gorstak / SHODAI

6 - Uberdoggie / Tampit

7 - diesbudt / newfish11

8 - DalaiLamer / maltross

9 - Vantrig / Vinlain

10 - Doom 17 / Supernatural

PLAYERS LOOKING FOR A PARTNER:

1 - Dirpius

2 - jaggedson

3 - the stoat

HERO MAGES DOUBLES TOURNAMENT RULESET

1)Each game must take place on maps specifically designed for two versus two games. Maps that are excluded from this include: INFERNUS. Under no circumstances is this map to be played due to unfair balance. Player made maps are allowed so long as it is agreed upon by all players in-game.

2)At the end of each tournament game one player must copy the entire game log for proof of game and winner. This log is to be sent to me at iberiumharvest@gmail.com, after review the tournament bracket will be updated accordingly. (Be sure to have the 'game' tab highlighted when copying the log, i dont need all the game chat..)

3)In the event of one or more players disconnecting from the game the remaining players must wait out the drop timer plus one minute. If a disconnected player does not return after this time it is up to the remaining players whether or not to drop the disconnected player. IF a player is dropped the game will go on and a winner will still be stated.

4)Remaking a tournament game is allowed as many times as needed as long as all 4 players are in agreement.

5)It is up to each player to organize a time for each tournament game. Since many HM players are from all over the world it would be nearly impossible to set a specific time and day for each match to take place. Therefor after viewing the bracket teams are required to contact one another to figure out a good time for the game to take place! (I will help as much as i can to see matches get played in a timely manner.)

6)The tournament will take place as long as it has to. Ideally most games should take place 5-7 days after being announced, if a game has yet to be played after 8 days the team who has been absent will forfeit the game.

7)This tournament is double elimination granting each losing team a chance at redemption. In the case of two teams meeting again in the losers bracket a simple re-seeding will occur to avoid this.

8)Each game is to be setup with these GAME OPTIONS: Dice and Events: (Optional), Turn Time: 1:30, Teams: 2 Chosen, Ranked: (Optional), Objective: Elimination, Start Zones: Team Distributed, Heroes: Chosen (Secret).

9)Tournament seeding will be completely random i assure you i am drawing the starting team match ups randomly out of a hat.

10)Due to the current inconsistent state of solid players on Hero Mages, IF your partner has seemingly abandoned you and or is absent for many days in a row, a substitute will be allowed. EVERY player is allowed only one substitute throughout the tournament. This player is NOT allowed to be enrolled in the tournament. IF a player is caught on a different login name (name-hiding) this will result in disqualification, a complete deletion from the tournament.

11)THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF THEM ALL: Have fun! Be sure to be nice to every player you come up against. Be honest and helpful every game. HAVE FUN!

no0bzilla

DalaiLamer

Im in too, need to find a partner till then :)

diesbudt

Space, just a word of advice, when it comes to 'sign-up' tournaments, be prepared for each round to take about a week, as a lot of players can't be on at the same time most of the time.

Also second word of advice, if you don't have many sign ups (8 teams or less)  its best to do a double elimination bracket.

DalaiLamer

Lets gather at diesbudts Tournament :D he got prizes

amorphis

i want to participate too if i can find a partner and tournement time fits my schedule space  :)

diesbudt

If enough people sign up for this 2v2 tournament, I may be willing to join in on the fun. If I'm not busy that is.

Vinman

I'm game and have a partner! Be nice to get at least 8 - 16 teams and have brackets!

Sinney

I tried clicking on Join Tournament on your page, space.  It gets stuck at 0%...

Alderon

Quote from: Vinman on July 30, 2010, 01:20:11 AM MT
I'm game and have a partner! Be nice to get at least 8 - 16 teams and have brackets!

That would be me. So I'm in. (Vin didn't give me a choice.  ::))

no0bzilla

kefkam

you can count with me. i have no partner also.

kefkam

You can count with murmullos as well. He will be my partner.

Gorstak

Am signing up me and Shodai as a team.

SHODAI

I will participate...

My partner will be Gorstak