News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Revive

Started by space, July 18, 2010, 09:39:48 PM MT

space

Hi i was just curious now since there are so many team games being played is there any reason the Revive card cannot be used between the team? Or at least a pre-game option that allows/disallows team revive that game.

obviously you could make it so mages could not be revived only guardian. I think it would add a good element to team games being able to choose from maybe 2-3 guardians to revive depending on their skill set in a time of need.

I presume you have already thought this through im just curious why it isnt allowed?

Ross Przybylski

As a matter of fact, I had considered allowing the Revive spell to work for teammates' units and had even thought about allowing it to work with mages.  Finally, I decided against this for the following reasons:

1) Revive would be far too powerful and coveted in teamgames since one player could expend the 3 mana to Revive a character and the next teammate up could then Shield/Full Heal/Protect them etc. giving an unfair advantage to players happening to draw this card.  This would also make it possible to bring eliminated players back to life (many of which tend to leave the game after having been defeated).

2) With the ability to Revive teammates as stated in #1, games would drag on way too long.  It can be irritating enough when a group/full heal is used to undo all the damage you've done to an enemy team- now imagine that characters or even whole players that you've already eliminated could start coming back to life and being brought back up to full health.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC