Want to design your own Hero Mages character? Vote for us on indiePub!

Started by Ross Przybylski, July 29, 2010, 06:39:46 PM MT

diesbudt

Alright tam, i have posted my reasoning and also altered a few scores on second looks of the units. I didn't get to all the mages however, but all the guardians and at least half the mages I wrote it down.

If anyone ever wants to edit their ideas post and I will keep it up to date.

I also unlocked the topic now that i finished all the mages/guardians, so people may post on that now. Though if it is useless, and/or way offtopic, and I am able to, I will delete posts and/or relock it.

I did this mainly for A) easier for me to read, and B) for others to read as well.

Tampit

You got RIP wrong Its an ATTACK on ALL Hero mages(including yourself and allies) for there current hp +2 in LOS aka a hero with 7/7 life will get attacked by 7+2=9 attack
After thinking a bit add a 6 to the card requirement to it, also a +2 to the attack might be to much so leave it as just the hp

Kage ability is around not adjacent,also ambush works on the title the unit moves not only the title it stops so when a enemy unit moves on that title it is attacked and it breaks the movement if he survives the stun he can still sprint/attack but cannot resume the movement

You forgot some limits too, Kage poison works for 2 rounds and Foggy mind happens every 2nd round not every round

Mindless selects a possible space to move(blocks are ignored from selection) if that move is where a unit is both get stun if its free it travels to it and then it repeats once more,if they get stuned when its your next turn the stun wears off because the stun activates while you still have the turn,this is mostly an escape ability

Madness should be 2 cards

Also can you add my version of Maltross Golem Lord as guardian or should I change the name?
I like the idea of limited mobility/attack unit but with high def str

Golem Lord 5 str, 17 def, 5/5
Short Attack (passive)
Call of the Lord 1/2 Cards, unsummons target
Limited Mobility (Passive) Can only move 4 blocks

EDIT for clarification on Mindless
EDIT2 Updated
EDIT3 More Kage clarificaton
EDIT4 more balancing

diesbudt

Thats not how stun works though tam, it lasts until the end of your next turn. And it wouldnt be fair if you were able to stun another unit that lasts longer than yourself.  Plus what is the point of making him/her stunned if it just wares off before next turn?

I will add both here in a min.

Tampit

Quote from: diesbudt on August 28, 2010, 02:01:02 PM MT
Thats not how stun works though tam, it lasts until the end of your next turn. And it wouldnt be fair if you were able to stun another unit that lasts longer than yourself.  Plus what is the point of making him/her stunned if it just wares off before next turn?

I will add both here in a min.
Actually its precisely how stun works right now,its used to stop making other actions while still have the possibility to be unstuned but I guess its a bit redundant to be stunned too

mitae

Well i voted and rated on indie pub

name is Mitae...

But i will think about the new character...

actually i dont think about any...

_o/ Good Game all!

Tamon

I voted on indiePub with username: Tamon (yeah, same as HM).  Here's my character idea...

Character Name | Mind Thief
    STR: 3 DEF: 13 LIFE: 5/5

Steal Knowledge | 2 Cards
    Steal 1 Random Card from Player

Amnesia | 1 Card
    Roll a 7 or higher to cause target character to lose all active abilities until start of your next turn.

Kin

Not a serious suggestions but i thought it would be pretty funny scenario if someone plays this guardian

Zombie | Guardian
STR: 3  DEF: 12  LIFE: 5

Decay | Passive
Zombie and all surrounding units lose one life at the end of your turn.

Infection| Passive
If an unit is killed by Zombie or his decay effect, bring another Zombie guardian into play on the space of the deceased unit.

maltross

Vinlain

Hello, Vinlain here, I have registered and voted on Indiepub under the same username.

I'll probably post a guardian idea later after I work out the kinks, but here's my first go.

Unit Type: Mage     Name: Druid

Strength:2     Defense: 12     Life:6

Ability 1: Alone With Nature | Passive | 0 Valor- The druid finds peace and inner strength when alone among the trees.  For each guardian less than 2 the druid has accompanying him/her, he/she gains +1 str/Def

Ability 2: The Earth Grasps | 1 Card | 5 Valor- The Earth itself impedes those that seek to harm it's mortal ally.  Vines wrap around the feet of the pursuer and immobilize a single target in Line of Sight.

Ability 3: The Wind Erodes | 1 Card | 10 Valor- No creation of man will stand unchanged when pit against the timeless persistence of nature.  Remove the last positive effect given to target unit.

Ability 4: Nature's Ally | 2 Cards | 15 Valor- A bear rises to defend he who speaks for the wilds.  Summon the ally Bear of the Wilds in an surrounding square.

Bear of the Wilds

Str: 3 Def: 14 Life: 3

Ability 1: Protect- as ability from Warrior

Ability 2: Nature's Might- Passive- after a successful melee attack from this character, apply a -2 def penalty to the target of the attack until the beginning of their next turn.  The sheer mass of the bear causes damage to its victim's defenses as it strikes true, cleaving armor in two and denting even the most stalwart of shields.

Just some general points on reasoning here, this is more of a tree hugging, nature loving, hermit of a druid.  I've mulled over the idea of an offensive half of the dispel card, but dies, I know, feels it would be too overpowered as it cancels shields, etc.

First, I would say the pally is able to cancel entire cards (sleep, 1 mana for non wizzy) and counters the effects of many spells that make them more costly than equivalent damage dealers, such as blizzard and ice shards which do equal damage to lightning and meteor storm, but also stun.  I've placed it at the middle valor ability to cause it to not be a early game changer and also only removes one buff, which was another worry Dies had voiced.

The Druid I've designed also grows a bit as his/her guardians die off, not making them expendable, but giving the Mage a bit more focus on offense, rising from summoner like stats to FM stats as he must rely on his own devices.  Finally, I think the one person entangle offers a bit of an escape mechanism/control aspect for 1 card, but is not quite as game altering as an every turn entangle.

cheers, shred away if it's awful!

~V

Tamon

Quote from: maltross on August 29, 2010, 08:54:06 PM MT
I like tamon's mind thief, if it had a few changes.

Yeah, something feels missing to me too. Add an idea if you like and maybe I'll share part of the reward with you!  ;)

Tamon

Hmmm...how about these?

Character Name | Antagonizer
     STR: 3 DEF: 13 LIFE: 5/5

Feedback | 2 Cards
     Target visible Mage loses 2 life for each spell he/she casts until your next turn.  ( if this is too powerful add "This ability can't be used your next turn.")

Amnesia | 1 Card
     Roll a 4 or higher to cause target character to lose all active abilities until start of your next turn. ( I changed the success roll to 4 since this ability doesn't do any damage and only affects active abilities. Maybe if it affected passive abilities too a higher success roll would be justified.)

Character Name | Skirmisher
     STR: 3 DEF: 15 LIFE: 5/5

Net| 1 Cards
     Place an invisible trap on any unoccupied, visible space within 5 spaces. Any character stepping onto the trap is immobilized and gets Defense -3 until the start of his/her next turn. Traps vanish after being stepped on or after 3 turns (whichever is first).

Hit 'n Run| 0 Cards
     Instead of attacking, roll 1 die against target adjacent enemy. A result of 13 of more causes 1 damage. Regardless of roll result, Skirmisher may then move to any square within 2-4 spaces (number determined randomly).

As always, balancing any new characters/abilities is the hard part. Hats off to devs of well-balanced games.

mnn

voted on indiepub with same name as here
however, dont have any character idea (till now)

Slightquills

This is just the concept that we are submitting, right? Does it necessarily have to be balanced?

I don't know about anyone else, but for my submissions many of them need some tweaking and/or balancing. Otherwise I doubt my ideas will really stand a chance.

diesbudt

Its just submitting ideas. It doesn't have to be balanced, ross will balance the wining unit (assuming we win the vote) before using it.