Want to design your own Hero Mages character? Vote for us on indiePub!

Started by Ross Przybylski, July 29, 2010, 06:39:46 PM MT

maltross

if he was guardian, and paired with a summoner...that would be crazy.

Tampit

Then you have to rework the concept a bit
As it is now it's something more useless then the summoner as a hero
Heres my input(sorry for stealing your idea)

Golem Lord 5 str, 17 def, 5/5
Short Attack (passive)
Call of the Lord 1/2 Cards, unsummons target
Limited Mobility (Passive) Can only move 4 blocks

Another one:

Kage 2 str, 14 def, 5/5
Ambush  1 Card, selects a block around  the guardian, if an enemy target moves to that block he attacks and if it hits it is stunned
Poison Passive, if any attack hits target will lose 1 life every round for 2 rounds

the stoat

I joined indypub as stoat, and voted. Kinda fun thinking of the characters :)

Windrunner | Guardian
     STR: 1 DEF: 18 LIFE: 4/4

Ability 1 Whirlwind | Passive:
     Description: If this unit moves  and sprints to maximum capacity, it can choose an allied character to gain 1 DEF till end of combat (Max 2 per ally)

Ability 2 gust | Cost 3 cards
     for this turn, gain 1 extra movement and successful attacks will move target 1 tile in any direction

Character Djinn | Mage
     STR: 2 DEF: 14 LIFE: 5/5

Ability 1 "blood lamp" | Passive | on every 2nd turn, the djinn can attack self for 2 damage, gaining 2 mana

Ability 2 "life lamp"- 5 valor - if djinn kills a hero (ie, not a summon) with melee attack, gain 2 life

Ability 3 "wishes" 10 valor - cost 3 cards, bestow 3 random enchantments on any unit in the game, except caster.

Ability 4 "wishes granted" 15 valor - Cost 3 cards, bestow 3 defence to target unit

brrN

Druid | Guardian

I voted on indiePub with username: brrN.

My suggestion is that

STR: 3 DEF: 13 LIFE: May

Ability becomes a bear of an effect increases STR 3 Def 4 Life for two rounds value 7 sacrefica a letter

Ability 2 becomes lobe increases 4 str 2 def 2 life lasts three rounds sacrefica two 10 value cards

ability three passive force of nature to cure 20 percent of a life every attack

if they accept my proposal can aver change you can improve it ok

the name of skill ok you put

Claw

sad thing im from germany so i cant take place on the indiepup contest :(

Ross Przybylski

Quote from: Claw on August 15, 2010, 10:48:50 AM MT
sad thing im from germany so i cant take place on the indiepup contest :(

Claw, this isn't true!  You just have to create an indiePub account and once you're logged in with that account, visit their voting page at https://www.indiepubgames.com/vote.php.  Once you've voted for Hero Mages, you should also star-rate the game and post a comment here: https://www.indiepubgames.com/game/Hero_Mages.

Where did you get the idea you couldn't participate in the contest?
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Finns

Great game! Voted under user Finns on IndiePub's website.

Here's my Guardian idea (will post more when free!)

Character Name | Dark Knight
     STR: 3 DEF: 16 LIFE: 4/4

Ability 1 Drain | Passive
     Description
     On attack rolls of 16-20 (exclude modifiers), Dark Knight gains 1 Life.

Ability 2 Unholy Might | 1 Spellcard
     Description
     For each attack roll of 18-20 (exclude modifiers), Dark Knight does 1 extra damage.

Kazin

Here, just thought of something :

Bearer of Truth | Mage

STR: 1 DEF: 18 LIFE: 6/6

Protection aura | Passive
Any destruction spell targeting surrounding allies get Strength -1.

Healing aura | Passive | 5 Valor
Heal all surrounding allies each time you cast a recovery spell.

Stability | Passive | 10 Valor
No surrounding space may be the target of manipulation spell.

Gift of Life | Discard 3 cards | 15 Valor
Place your last defeated hero on target surrounding space with half his life (round down) remaining. Hero may use action immediately.

The goal here is to have a completely different mage, revolving around recovery spells and, generally speaking, protections of any sort.

One of the game "rule" is to never have your heroes gather together : they're too easy to strike with fireball, blizzard or meteor shower. You get too vulnerable. The Bearer of Truth would work differently : the goal would be to help surrounding allies. The first ability is thus a way to reduce the damage from destruction spells. It can be really strong, but it applies only on surroundings.

The second ability gets really interesting : a mage revolving around recovery would have to be able to heal. But then, having another "combat healing" ability would be no fun. Thus this idea : using recovery spells to heal. It work in a similar way to the wizard, who cast manipulation to manipulate : the Bearer of Truth uses recovery to heal.

The third ability is to further encourage gathering of allies around the bearer. Whereas the first ability counter in some way the sorcress power, this one is protecting against wizard.  It means no sleep (like the fighter mage first ability), or course, and not imprison : but it also means you cannot imprison yourself. It also mean relative protection from gateway, reposition and stuff.

The last ability needed to be really strong, and centered around recovery. A sort of "super-revive" was needed. Combined with the second ability, it can be really strong (you revive to heal everyone, and then you scribe to heal just-revived hero). But it does cost a lot of cards : it's the costiest of all abilities yet.

So, in overall, the Truth Bearer is a really strong defensive leader, but its seems balanced, considering the lack of offensives abilities it has (only 1 attack dice, and no bonuses whatsoever that could be used offensively)

Edith : I guess you could just call the Truth Bearer a "Priest". It would go better with wizard, sorceress, fighter mage and summoner =)

Tampit

Quote from: Kazin on August 20, 2010, 04:50:11 PM MT
Here, just thought of something :

Bearer of Truth | Mage

STR: 1 DEF: 18 LIFE: 6/6

Protection aura | Passive
Any destruction spell targeting surrounding allies get Strength -1.

Healing aura | Passive | 5 Valor
Heal all surrounding allies each time you cast a recovery spell.

Stability | Passive | 10 Valor
No surrounding space may be the target of manipulation spell.

Gift of Life | Discard 3 cards | 15 Valor
Place your last defeated hero on target surrounding space with half his life (round down) remaining. Hero may use action immediately.

Thats no Priest! Thats a Fortress i can't imagine a guardian with 18 def but a mage?

Can you imagine this monstrosity in the middle of the map?with a rogue and a bard/psi?
Tone it down a little a 14 def would be good enough since he would still be a tower(but at least not a fortress)

Ross Przybylski

Thank you to everyone who's voted so far!  Once you've cast your vote for the Indie Pub Community Favorite, also be sure to rate Hero Mages on our game page and leave a comment at https://www.indiepubgames.com/game/Hero_Mages.  Thanks!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Slightquills

I voted, rated and made a comment on IndiePub. My SN is Slightquills.

Necromancer | Mage
     STR: 2 DEF: 12 LIFE: 6/6

Ability 1 | Legion of the Dead | Passive |
     Restricted: May only cast Skeleton Warrior and Flesh Golem summon spells.
     Bonus: May have unlimited summon spells in play.

Ability 2 | The Walking Dead | Cost 2 | Valor 5 |
     Summons one Skeleton Warrior.
     Bonus: Summons one additional Skeleton Warrior if a Flesh Golem, a Guardian, or a Mage was slain prior to casting, this round.
     No maximum.

Ability 3 | Flesh Golem | Cost 3 | Valor 10 |
     May summon a Flesh Golem.
     Restriction: Maximum of one Flesh Golem owned by caster, in play.

Ability 4 | Shambling Hordes | Passive | Valor 15
     Summon spells owned by Necromancer gain:
     Bonus: +1S/+1D for each adjacent summon spell owned by caster, in play.
     Note: Units immobilized or stunned do not count as being adjacent.

Lich  | Mage
     STR: 3 DEF: 13 LIFE: 6/6

Ability 1 | Undeath | Passive |
     Penalty: All healing spells count as attacking spells verses the Lich.
     Bonus: Upon slaying a Flesh Golem, a Guardian or a Mage in melee, a Skeleton Warrior controlled by the Lich rises in that unit’s place.
     Bonus: Skeleton Warriors gained in this way do not count toward the Lich’s summon spell total.
     (Option: Touch of Death spell counts as a melee attack for purposes of Undeath, but not Healing Touch.)

Ability 2 | Drain Life | Cost 1 | Valor 5 |
     The Lich makes an attack on a target surrounding enemy unit. For each point of damage dealt to that unit the Lich gains one life.

Ability 3 | Lifewick | Cost 1 | Valor 10 |
     The Lich sacrifices a guardian owned by the Lich to gain four life.
     Penalty: Units sacrificed in this way must be surrounding the Lich.
     Bonus: The life gained in this manner may exceed maximum life total for one round.
     Note: The Lich maintains life total even after the total life increased is lost.
     Bonus: Units slain in this way rise as though slain in melee by the Lich. <See Undeath>

Ability 4 | Phylactery | Cost 2 | Valor 15
     Target a Skeleton Warrior or a Flesh Golem owned by Lich and within line of sight.
     Target Skeleton or Flesh Golem is slain.
     Lich rises in place of the unit slain in this way.
     Note: Any Flesh Golem slain in this matter is not considered slain in melee for the purposes of Undeath.

FrontaLobotomy

just voted/commented on Indiepub. its my first day, so im not sure of a character. I have liked some of the ones ive read so far, and may get inspired as time goes on

*edit same name on indiepub as here

Joshua

Voted.

IndiePub userame: bigfish

No char design in mind at the moment :-)

Slightquills

I feel compelled to ask . . . how many entries can we post fo the contest?