Want to design your own Hero Mages character? Vote for us on indiePub!

Started by Ross Przybylski, July 29, 2010, 06:39:46 PM MT

Deathnote

Maybe a Thief, with ability to steal card and invisible/sneak attack, Or even steal a passive ability from target.

Ross Przybylski

Quote from: Slightquills on August 22, 2010, 06:15:41 PM MT
I feel compelled to ask . . . how many entries can we post fo the contest?

Feel free to post as many ideas as you like here.  If Hero Mages wins the Indiepub contest, we will carefully narrow down the entries and setup a vote for players to choose their favorite new character idea.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Milk

ninja/guardian
     STR: 3 DEF: 13 LIFE: 5/5

shadow's embrace- 3 cards
     go invisible for 1 turn but you have to wait one turn for it to regenerate back to use  it but if an enemy character is next to your ninja they can see him
     shuriken throw-1 card
     any visible enemy you can throw a shuriken roll 2 dice

vampire/guardian
    STR:3  DEF:14 LIFE:6/6

vampiric drain-2 cards
    drains life of the enemy next to you roll 3 dice for the damage done to the enemy person and the damage done to the enemy the vampire gains back its lost life for how much damage it was done to the enemy by this skill.
     vampiric ghoul-passive
     if a person dies from being drained by a vampire they become a ghoul. the ghoul has a life of 2 and 2  str  def is 12 the ghoul takes damage that would have been done to its master vampire.

Slightquills

These aren't as finished as my Lich Mage idea, but I just wanted to put them out there (and yes, I am aware they both have the same ability. I have been working on it.)

Troll | Guardian
     STR: 4 DEF: 14 LIFE: 6/6

Ability 1 | Regeneration | Passive |
     Troll gains one life per round.

Ability 2 | Boulder | Cost 2
     Penalty: Troll loses his melee attack until the beginning of this player’s next turn.
     Boulder is a strength four attack that has a range of four spaces within line of sight.
     Restriction: Boulder may not target an adjacent unit.

Giant | Guardian
     STR: 5 DEF: 13 LIFE: 7/7

Ability 1 | Boulder | Cost 2
     Restriction: Giant may not attack before using Boulder.
     Penalty: Giant loses his melee attack until the beginning of this player’s next turn.
     Boulder is a strength four attack that has a range of four spaces within line of sight.
     Restriction: Boulder may not target an adjacent unit.

Ability 2 | Stomp | Cost 2
     Restriction: Giant may not move before using Stomp.
     Gaint makes a strength two attack at a target adjacent opponent.
     Note: Giant cannot use Stomp if immobilized.

wabyt

Just posted and rated on indiePub games.

My indiePub name is Wyldwabyt but left IGN name of wabyt

hml139

I voted on indiePub with username: hml139

no character idea yet though.

Ross Przybylski

Hi everyone - I just wanted to express my gratitude once again for everyone's participation and votes in the IndiePub contest.  It means a lot to have your support. 

Just a few more days of voting left...  Best of luck to Hero Mages in winning the contest!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

diesbudt

Make sure everyone goes to the general talk forums and look at the Full list of units everyone has come up with for this event if you would like to read them over.

Kin

Dies, you got my assassin's ability wrong in the other post. The passive allows it to move through units like an air elemental. He does not move through walls.

diesbudt

My apologies, ill fix it when i get back to my computer and not my cell phone.

Kin

Actually change it to:

Phantom Assassin| Guardian
STR: 3 DEF: 13 LIFE: 6

Ethereal | Passive
Phantom Assassin can move through units.

Spectral Daggers | 1 Card
Roll two attack dice against target unit.

I want him to be a combination of Barb + Rogue. He's capable of 5 STR attacks (3 melee, 2 range). And ethereal would act somewhat like charge, allowing him to get to enemies that he normally wouldn't be able to reach. Please redo the balance rating for this guardian too.

Tampit

Diesbudt Can you add to the balance meter if its weak or strong as there is too possible unbalanced outcomes that can possibly exist and might not be too obvious

Also you got Alalulu Mage ability RIP wrong Its an ATTACK on ALL Hero mages(including yourself and allies) for there current hp +2 in los aka a hero with 7/7 life will get attacked by 7+2=9 attack, also add a 6 to the card requirement

diesbudt

Yes i can tamp, i will if you are interested in how i rated each card. Just remember this is my opinion on it.

Tampit

Quote from: diesbudt on August 28, 2010, 05:56:59 AM MT
Yes i can tamp, i will if you are interested in how i rated each card. Just remember this is my opinion on it.
I understand its your opinion and its good to have,it will help with the eventual balancing if we win the competition
Hopefully there should be a thread on balancing issues too