Another Imprision Bug found by me with some help from the group

Started by diesbudt, July 29, 2010, 09:15:20 PM MT

diesbudt

So we were playing a 2v2 (me and sinney  vs Ald and Vinman)

In the end it came down to alds FM, and vinman's Guardians vs my wizard.
So I barricaded his FM from moving.

On Alds turn he used Imprision on himself for protection.

On myturn I decided I was going to Fireball Vin's warrior when Low and behold, the Fireball allowed me to select the imprisioned Ald's Fighter Mage. (I even casted on him to prove it was allowing me to)

So after vin's Minotaur ate my wizard alive, Myself and Sinney tested this out and we found that a fireball can hurt a unit in imprision if certain conditions are met.

1. Player A with Fireball Casts barricade by a unit.
2. Player B's unit that is barricaded doesnt move, but just gets imprisioned.
3. Player A can damage Player B's unit in the imprision with Fireball.

Now we couldnt repeat the allowing of a target, but we were able to have the fireball "spread" damage hit my wizard in the imprisionment when the fireball was casted on an adjacent unit to the imprisioned unit.

GAME LOG.
303: sinneytsur's Summoner casts Barricade on (1, 6)
304: sinneytsur's  turn has ended
305: diesbudt's  turn has started
306: diesbudt's Wizard casts Imprison on diesbudt's Wizard
307: diesbudt's  turn has ended
308: sinneytsur's  turn has started
309: sinneytsur's Summoner casts Fireball on sinneytsur's Air Elemental
310: sinneytsur's Fireball attacks sinneytsur's Air Elemental with  dice roll of [1,7,4,19]
311: sinneytsur's Fireball attacks diesbudt's Wizard with  dice roll of [13,9,10,2]
312: sinneytsur earns 1 of 3 possible Valor for attacking enemy units this round
313: sinneytsur's Air Elemental loses 1 life
314: diesbudt's Wizard loses 1 life

Also PS.  How does drawing work, because I think I just proved it isn't as random as people think.

As me and sinney were drawing cards, (he got imprision)  so waiting until I could draw a fireball he just ended turn while I discarded 3 cards and drew 3 new ones.

Now the spells I drew were like this

10 11 12
13 14 15
10 11 12
13 14 15
10 11 12
13 14 15

after 4 times we started to fight and move around a bit which trigged the ability to allow me to see the other half the deck I wasnt able to draw as I couldnt draw a fireball from the 12 cards I kept discarding to draw.

and with 30ish cards still in the deck....

Sincerely,

Diesbudt

Ross Przybylski

Thanks so much for the bug catch!  Given the combination with the barricade, my guess is that what's happening is one of the four walls around the space imprison is getting cast on is being removed when the barricade is removed.  You could probably tell which one by using the line of sight tool on the target trapped in the imprison.  I'll look into this and get it fixed in patch along with the psionist bug- hopefully by tomorrow.

As for the deck- the cards are not shuffled when they are returned to the deck, rather, they are placed on the bottom.  Hence, if players repeat a consistent draw/cast/discard pattern, it is possible to redraw the same cards as the deck is cycled.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

diesbudt

With the cards I know that ross, but I was the only one discarding, and I kept getting the same 15 cards.

The deck has what  36? +14 (in hand) = 50

So, 21 cards i never got to see. I ran across the same combo and saw Disentigrate 6 times and yet never came across either Fireball, Seeker missile, the other sleep Sinney didn't have  and so on (couldnt remember every card I didnt see that sinney didnt have, but I only ran across the same 15 cards in rotation as you said, but the other half the deck never was in the rotation of my discarding)

Its like until the battle gets somewhat under way, the deck is limited to each player.

Alderon

That was a weird one. Good game too, I was worried the bug at the end might ruin it, but luckily Vin finally stopped using the bad dice.

Thanks for working on it Ross  ;D

Ross Przybylski

Quote from: diesbudt on July 30, 2010, 03:40:09 AM MT
Its like until the battle gets somewhat under way, the deck is limited to each player.

Precisely.  For anyone that is big into playing cards, there is a lot of thought and strategy that goes into knowing which cards you have, which cards you could get next, and which cards your opponent likely has. 

I've often wondered how in tune with the card cycling process players might get; and frankly I am astonished at the level of detail you've uncovered in understanding how the cycle works.  Luck is a large factor in Hero Mages, but cunning like this is the reason you're our top player.

Alderon

Quote from: Ross Przybylski on July 30, 2010, 03:15:23 PM MT
  Luck is a large factor in Hero Mages, but cunning like this is the reason you're our top player.

Debatable.  ;)

Ross Przybylski