News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Why do you use the team that you do?

Started by kastenessen, August 09, 2010, 07:30:35 AM MT

kastenessen

Since playing the last few days I've found a new combination that I really like. Under the current system, I find the selection of Fighter Mage, Warrior and Soul Reaver to be very effective. I've posted this thread to find out what other people use and why... I'll go first!

I like this group for a number of reasons.  Primarily though, these units all synergise really well with each other.  Firstly, both the Warrior and the Reaver benefit disproportionately from Augmentation spells for which the Fighter Mage has an affinity.

These units benefit more than others for each type of bonus.  For strength, these units can both attack twice per turn, thereby receiving a double benefit.  For HP, units with high defense will gain more out of health bonuses than would lower defense units.  Additionally, the Soul Reaver benefits greatly from extra defense - defense increases her offense.

Aside from that angle, the synergy between the Warrior and the Reaver is hard to overstate.  The Warrior can turn the Reaver into a very very dangerous unit with the protect ability. In general, I use the Reaver as my main attacker while I search for Augmentation spells to boost the warrior.

Also worth noting is how well the Reaver's taunt can overcome opponents. This is especially true of Warriors, who effectively lose one attack per round if taunted.

The biggest weaknesses of this setup are the Rogue and the Psionist.  Both of these units can mitigate some of the biggest strengths, especially if the Rogue is supported by a Bard. The Rogue can be taunted, but cannot be counterattacked and the Psionist can negate both high defense and melee if you can feed her cards.

Anyone else? What combinations of guardians do you use? Why?

Kast.