News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Conquer the Flag Game Mode!

Started by 1EasyGamer, August 09, 2010, 07:53:49 PM MT

1EasyGamer

How about a Conquer the Flag Game Mode. Simple concept but probably a lot of fun playing teams. The objective to go into enemy territory and grab the flag and be able to hold it for 1-2 turns (could be a game setting option). The player that holds the flag has to survive the specified turns in the same place where the flag was. When units are killed they are re-spawned in the middle of the map or at the edge of the map if the flags are in the middle. If nobody conquered the flag in an optional time-frame (5-10-15-20-30 minutes) then the team with the most kills wins.

Ross Przybylski

A "respawing hero" also opens up possibilities for numerous other game types.  For instance, we could have a Mage/Guardian frag fest game type where each player controls only one hero at a time and the goal is for your team to kill a certain number of enemy heroes.  When your character dies, you can pick a new class and respawn in your team's base.

Great thinking on Capture the Flag (fyi, this was my favorite game type in the original Star Craft).
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

1EasyGamer

The
QuoteMage/Guardian frag fest
sounds like fun idea also. I played a lot of Capture the Flag in WOW and it was a lot of fun. I don't think Hero Mages is suited to be done the same way, that is to have to bring the flag back to you team base, but I remember having played another game were you just had to hold the flag for some time on the opposite teams place and that was fun too. That's why I called it Conquer the Flag :) but the name is not important.

Warmage

perhaps one flag in the  middle and you have to take it to the enemies side.