News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Vital after game statistics!!

Started by Aritheall, August 17, 2010, 12:51:33 AM MT

Aritheall

If you ever played Worms World Party, you know that after every game they had a list of "Awards" listing some interesting IF pointless information about what exactly each Unit did in the game. For example, there was the "Most damage done" and "Most damage taken" awards, which could actually be interesting and helpful to know. There were also some pointless but funny awards given to units that were particularly useless in a game or that didn't do much, like the "No Shots Fired" Award and the "Traitor" award.

Would it be possible to make such lists/reports for Hero Mages? It may not really affect the game at all, but it would be A). Interesting to Note what units of yours are doing what and how they are contributing and B). Hilarious to see some humors awards...

For example: Pansy Award-Given to a unit that takes no damage during an entire game
                    Cross Country award-Given to unit that sprints the most in a game
                    "Whiffer" of the round award-given to unit that missed the most in a game

And many more. Again, pointless but fun awards. There could also be useful awards that tell what unit did the most damage, rolled the most hits, earned the most valor, Killed the most enemy units...things like that. Again, not really needed, but something interesting to look at after the game is done...A kind of "Battle Summary". It could be as simple or as complicated as one wanted it to be.

What do you people think? Interesting Idea or needless complication?

(The title of the thread was meant to be sarcastic...thought Id explain since sometimes it can be difficult to display through words...)

diesbudt

There is a variation of some plans on this after A.I. gets released.

Aritheall

Cool! Is there a link you can post to that topic or is it just something you heard about from Ross?

diesbudt

Both, except it that idea is in portions on a few different threads (achievement ideas, and end game stat ideas have been mentioned a few times and were liked)

I know at gencon he mentioned he'd like to do that after A.I. but depends where the A.I. is after all that

Ross Przybylski

Hi Aritheall- thanks for the suggestion!  Yes, we do have plans to ramp up our statistic tracking ability with achievements, end game statistic screens, and special character unlocks awarded for game play.  I would love to hear suggestions from everyone on the different types of achievements you'd like to see in game.  Feel free to post your ideas here.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Kazin

Some achievement :

About killing enemy hero :

Warrior : Your mage killed one enemy hero in a same match.
Assassin : Your mage killed two enemy hero in a same match.
Tyrant : Your mage killed three enemy hero in a same match.
Ruler : Your mage killed four enemy hero or more in a same match.

About magic :

Destruction lord : Won a match using only destruction spells.
Manipulation lord : Won a match using only manipulation spells.
and so on

Warmage : You used all spell in a game you won.

About dices :

Lucky : ??
Unlucky : ??

Others :

??? : You won a match without your mage ever being attacked.
??? : You won a match without ever attacking with your mage.
Narcissistic : You won a duel where you killed every ennemy heroes with your mage.

Ross Przybylski

Ah yes, this is what I was looking to see!  So many fun achievement possibilities here.

For the dice, I remember I'd come up with one called "Damn the Dice" where you had to have rolled a certain high number of dice (say seven or more) in a single attack and not one of the dice rolled high enough to cause a damage.

Keep posting these ideas!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

kastenessen

Has to be an award for killing your opponent's mage on the very first turn.