News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Tile coordinates

Started by space, August 17, 2010, 03:30:09 PM MT

space

Ross i was wondering if you by chance had a grid labeled with the coordinates of each space. I know i could figure out the pattern by looking at the game cmd but i think a nice picture could be nice if u have that or if you can just layout how it works thanks.

Ross Przybylski

Hi space,

While I don't have a picture/labeled grid prepared, I can explain how the coordinates work for you.  Basically, the upper left corner of the grid represents 0, 0.  As you move to the right, the X-value increases (1, 0) , (2, 0), (3, 0)... etc. all the way up to (12, 0).  As you move down, the Y-value increases (0, 1) , (0, 2), (0, 3) ... etc. all the way to (0, 10).

Hope that helps!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Sinney

Would it make any sense to label the grid in-game?

That might bring about a more concise way of communicating during team games.  Something like "Hey... can you move that golem off (7,2), he's blocking my fireball view!" or "Blue wizard is visible from (11,10), can you do some damage?" :P

space

Quote from: Sinney on August 19, 2010, 11:18:35 PM MT
Would it make any sense to label the grid in-game?

That might bring about a more concise way of communicating during team games.  Something like "Hey... can you move that golem off (7,2), he's blocking my fireball view!" or "Blue wizard is visible from (11,10), can you do some damage?" :P

Honestly this is exactly why i asked for this.

Ross Przybylski

Hmm, things might get a bit crowded on the interface with numbers there as well.  However, I'd be happy to add this as an optional feature you can toggle on/off via the settings menu.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC