News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

samurai eviscerate.

Started by kefkam, August 19, 2010, 06:46:56 PM MT

kefkam

Hi. I just want to say somethings about samurai's eviscarete :

1-You can eviscerate yourself. I did it myself :'-(.  i
2-It cannot awake an stunned unit, as all other attacks do.
3-In description it says "target adjacent unit", but it acts as "target surrounding unit", so maybe be bad the description or the skill.

Ross Przybylski

Thank you for the post kefkam!

1) Yes, the Samurai can eviscerate himself, despite there being no beneficial reason why you would ever want to do so.  In ancient times, when a Samurai had been dishonored, he would literally take his own sword and disembowel himself.  I kept this feature for those rare situations where a player might want to recreate this feat; but, on the other hand, I can certainly remove it if the players prefer (it'd actually mean one less step for me in programming the AI).

2) Correct.  The eviscerate is not actually considered an attack since the ability simply states the unit will lose 1 life.  For the same reason, Touch of Death will not unstun a unit either.

3) Good catch.  The description is a bug.  I believe at one point the eviscerate was only allowed on adjacent spaces, but we upgraded the ability whe we lowered his Defense.  I will correct the description for the next release.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

kefkam

Thanks for the explanation. Now i like that. Please do not remove. I will use the harakiri skill some often when he is not doing well.

Dirpius

Ross, that's not true that there is no good reason to have him kill himself.  It is very useful if the mage is carrying around a revive...

FrontaLobotomy

well, I guess i shoulda looked a little closer before posting my thread! lesson learned.