Pressing 'Move' after 'Attack' disables the attack button

Started by Joshua, September 11, 2010, 10:54:55 PM MT

Joshua

If you hit "a" (hot key for attack) and then press "m" (hot key for move) when still in 'pick someone to attack' mode would disable the attack button. I had a 'sprint' enabled, but no attack. This occured with with mage.

diesbudt

I have never had that problem and  have tried it many times before goofin around on the controls... are you sure you didn't accidently when you pressed 'm' it was sprint?  (Checking sprint = attack disables.)

Or possibly taunted? or roared?

Joshua

Try moving a character to a spot first (so that the m is for sprint) - I remembered this was with my pally not with my mage.

Once you moved to a spot, press 'm' and then press 'a' (while it still prompt for movement location)

diesbudt

Worked just fine for me.

And only time it didnt is when i agreed to sprint, which when you look at your sprint you cannot attack as you cant attempt a sprint, see you got a bad one and decide to attack instead.

Ross Przybylski

Hi Joshua-

In the Settings Menu there is an option called "Show Action Warnings".  If you have this item checked, the targeting interface should show a warning "Forgo attacking to sprint? (This cannot be undone)" that you must confirm before it will show the sprint roll.  If you do not have this option checked, it will show the area you can sprint without a warning and disable your attack since you are not allowed to attack after you make the sprint roll.

Let me know if this resolves the problem.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC