News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

noobs, and their access to help.

Started by FrontaLobotomy, October 01, 2010, 06:21:18 PM MT

FrontaLobotomy

I havent been playing near as long as some of these folks, but i have encountered my fair share of "noobs".
A few of the lot I see on here prey on these poor souls, trying to bolster their ratings, but since i dont care, I throw a lot of games, for the sake of interesting these players.

In talking to at least 2 dozen of these ppl, I have found that either they a)are too lazy to read the FAQ, or the guide dies has posted,

or

b) dont know where to find it.

I propose a minor revamping, in only the aspect of making newb information EXTREMELY obvious. super glowing links, to the forums, and specifically the faq,s and dies beginners guide. I really believe this will help retain players, even those raped by a few specific players methods of stat padding.

just a thought.

*sarcasm*
notice how i supplied a viable suggestion, along with chastising baddies! all in the same post. what a genius.

*sarcasm*

pushing for greater forum activity,

FrontaL

Ross Przybylski

Great suggestions, Frontal!  I agree.  Hero Mages #1 lacking feature seems to be noob support: more obvious guides, in-game tutorials, the fact that we do indeed have a forum, lol...

The golden ticket will surely be the single player campaign that introduces new players to all aspects of gameplay- but until that happens, I like the suggestion of making the existing resources "pop" more.  I'll see what I can fit into the next release.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Archie

As a noob myself I have to agree - I spent a few days wondering "is this it?" when I paid and joined online. Until finally I thought - "I'm sure I read about there being a forum or something" so I searched and found it. Simply a tab or icon on the top row entitled FORUMS would be enough!

Ross Przybylski

Wow, I didn't realize there was still such disconnect. Alright, I will add a big obvious button for "Forums" to the main menu.

Archie

It's because when you log in via the mobile app you go straight to the gaming section. You don't see the rest. The link on the front menu has three options and the one to the forum and website generally just looks like the logo - I eventually guessed it was a link and clicked it.

Ross Przybylski

Yeah, you have great point with this, Archie. I will definitely make this more clear.