News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Tournaments

Started by FrontaLobotomy, October 01, 2010, 06:34:53 PM MT

FrontaLobotomy

Along the same lines as my latest topic, i come to the issue of Tournaments.
Every single person i have ever asked, in the lobby, said they loved the idea.  The problem seems to me, to be ease of signup.  I submit to you, that a very small percentage of ppl that play, are forum active(I am actively trying to change this).

Perhaps, in order to "get ahead of the curve" it would be possible to link the latest tournament signup post, with a glittery, shiny, noticeable button on the lobby page.  I do see this game taking off(and soon),  and, all things said, the average person is pretty stupid, and lazy.

Providing them with an obvious large button to click, and signup, may retain a bit of player loyalty, and at the same time, drive more traffic to these forums.  I am evaluating a few different avenues of player drive, totally independant, and unrelated to D20 Studios, and while im sure my efforts will not lack, the "drive" of the average netplayer may not match. Anything to make it "easier" for the new recruits, I believe, will help.

Ross Przybylski

Another great suggestion!  My ultimate aim here is to include a tournament bracketing system within game, but again...until that happens- LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of making the buttons shiny and in-your-face!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC