News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Boast your Gaming Heritage

Started by Ross Przybylski, July 25, 2009, 08:24:00 PM MT

Ross Przybylski

What other games do you enjoy playing?

Personally, I am a big fan of miniature based table top games.  Hero Quest, by Milton Bradley, largely inspired Hero Mages, as well as table top war games like Warhammer Fantasy and 40,000.  I have 3 display cases full of miniatures in my basement- including 5 full 40K armies and 2 Fantasy armies, and over 100 fantasy Reaper figurines- so there was a lot of inspiration to work from.  I even own a 1000 piece MageKnight 3D dungeon!  I am also a fan of computer based stategy games (Dawn of War is my current favorite), team based FPS (BF2142 in particular), and Xbox (Halo and Oblivion are my top 2). 

How about the rest of you?  (Comon, brag a little about your nerdiness)
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Crimson Avenger

I've always found myself particular to Strategy games (Command and Conquer, Dawn of War, Age of Empires), FPS (Halo series, Call of Duty Series), RPGs and JRPGs (Fable 2, Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant, Eternal Sonata), and other games that fall into various categories.

I've recently expanded my repitore into the Japanese market as well, so I'm getting around ;P.  As for board games, I'm a fan of table-top strategy games such as Risk.  I too plan to start a Warhammer 40K army so that'd be fun having an army of little guys in my basement heh.

I'm always looking to expand my repitore!

diesbudt

I have been big in many different types of games:

Card games I dabbled in Poke'mon, YuGiOh, Dragonball Z, Magic in that order. This is the dragonball Z 1st gen from Score E. And I still have my Hercule Spirit Bomb deck, which went 37-0 at the card game shop I used to play at.

Also Video games, I have been big on MMORPG, rpg, and FPS games. I used to play WoW for a few years (Quit a few months ago) in the #1 guild on the server as the #1 shaman on the server, though the server wasn't that great. but hey it says for me to Boast ;).

Warmage

I go back to basic DnD redbox and commadore 64 when floppy disks were 5 and a quarter inch big lol

Games like barbarian combat simulater, airborne ranger, tie fighter, original doom, wasteland - the game that spawned fallout series. Fallout tactics is an all time fave.

Played a lot of 40k, still have boxs of unpainted minis lol

Loved console games like lemmings, worms, 007, halo, cod, dawn of war, Toe jam and earl original version, and now heromage.

I consider myself a first generation video gamer :) having played the earliest all text video games and first consoles and home computers, so if we are bragging a little I helped pave the way to make it easier for you kids  ;)

oh yea cant forget games like magic, bloodbowl,heroquest, DnD, rifts,TMNT,shadowrun,mechwarrior.

Kelly

Hi, all!

I play all types --  Warhammer 40K (I have a KILLER pink & purple Tyranid army that I took a very long time to paint!), The Sims for PC, HeroQuest, Diablo 2, Halo 1-3, old school Mario (I was the Princess always in SMB 2!), DDR (have my own elevated metal dance pads!), Gears of War, and, of course, HERO MAGES!

See you on the battlefield!
~Kelly  ;)

Parson1122

Hi all.  I got to play a demo at GenCon on Saturday afternoon.  It's a fun game.
Mostly I like to play board games like Arkham Horror, Robo Rally and such.  On the computer I play Lord of the Rings Online quite a bit and still play Starcraft quite a bit, for some reason that game just doesn't get old.

Ross Przybylski

Quote from: Parson1122 on August 18, 2009, 06:45:12 AM MT
still play Starcraft quite a bit, for some reason that game just doesn't get old.

Yes Blizzard makes great games- I was hooked since Warcraft 2, and I'm sure you can sense the inspiration from war/Starcraft interface in Hero Mages.  Welcome to our community Parson1122, glad to have you with us!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Solharan

Hi all, I'm fairly new around here. I originally started in RPGs: mainly Tunnels & Trolls, Runequest and Call of Cthulhu with a little bit of D&D, which I've started playing again a couple of years ago. I played a whole range of RPGs including Paranoia, Traveller, Bushido, Champions and even Bunnies & Burrows (google it ;)). I also used to play Warhammer Fansty Battle and 40k, but all that stopped a few years back when most of my gaming group scattered to different parts of the country.

Since then I've been concentrating on computer games, and thoroughly enjoy Everquest, Travian (\wave Tors), Hearts of Iron, Civilization (all versions except 3) and my all time favourite - Alpha Centauri. I also enjoy the old UFO series of games, particularly UFO Apocalypse.

I'm really enjoying Hero Mages, it's got a good balance of luck and skill is great fun. I think I'll be playing for a while.

Baker

If there is ever a moment in your life that you could go back in time and stop...it would be introducing tor to travian. God only knows how many hours that one 5 minute introduction consumed...

Maestro459k

Hi, I saw Turkish (my son) introduced us in his separate post.  I enjoyed reading the posts in this chain since I am old enough to have been in the beginning of online gaming.  So, going back... Online Multiplayer Battletech.  In 1990 we paid by the hour to play a I think it was 16 color game but it might have been 4 color.  I don't even want to go into what that cost per month.  I was young enough that my reflexes still worked.  But I avoid FPS now because I just get dizzy.  I avoided Everquest but somehow not WOW.  I have started and quit so many times but it is entertaining and whiles away the hours harmlessly.  Besides, my guild loves me, I give away my stuff every time I quit. I also could not avoid Travian, but I have no fond memories of that game as essentially, in my opinion, to play it correctly you had to pick on the weak until they quit. 

We mostly play card and board games and Turkish and I have gone to GenCon every year since 1990 and love to try and buy new things.  Our favorites right now are Camelot Legends and we just discover Dominion (as well as this game,)

See you all out there... and I do not mind buying some stuff as in cost per hours of entertainment it is cheap.  Just dont push me too far guys ;)

maltross

started with Atari back in the day, then the nes at a friends house. I've played on every console. PC games, every mmo for awhile, til i just got bored with them. Thinking of picking up Champions next week. Of course there's magic, played some pokemon, even bought some Wyvern cards once, if anyone knows what that is.

tors10

I started out gaming on the atari 2600 (babysitter's). Then we got a NES system. I followed Nintendo to the SNES, N64, and Wii. My PC gaming experience started with the first Gateway PC's and 5.25" floppies.

PC:
Strategy - Centurion, Command and Conquer, StarCraft, Warcraft 3 (very bad at), Dawn of War, Medieva/Rome: Total War, Civilization 1-current, Heros of Might and Magic (2-5), and more I've forgotten

FPS- Tribes 2, Halo, Max Payne 2, Battlefield 1942/Vietnam/2/2142, Combat Arms, Left 4 Dead, Tremulous, Thief, Dark Messiah of M&M, and Serious Sam

Adventure- Secret of Monkey Island (whole series is awesome), LOOM, Quest for Glory Series, Seme King's Quest

Console (current):

Halo 3, Frontlines, Fallout 3, Team Fortress 2, Civilization, Left 4 Dead, etc.

Board Games:

Warhammer 40k, Chess, Go, Hero Quest, Backgammon.

andodel

Well, I have done a LOTTTT of MMO's. I just copied this from another site that I posted on. Its a fansite for a game caled Lord of Ultima.
I used to play a game called Runescape. I played as an F2P until I got all the skills maxed out. Then I got bored and quit. :) Before I played that I played a game called Club Penguin. It was fun at first until Disney took it over. I also, for about a month, played a game called Chobots which was really weird. I played battlefield heroes, which I quit because of lag and I also sometimes play online matches of CoD. I also played a game called Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory which was basically like CoD only with classes and different weapons and maps. I also played a game called FusionFall, which at the time had F2P and P2P. I played the F2P and then quit when I maxed it out. Recently the game was made entirely free, so now I do play it. Whew, well I'm pretty sure thats all the online games I've played if you don't count LoU.

Gorstak

I startd at nes console,then ps1,then ps2,then pc,i mostly play and playd rpg games,strategy only comand&conqur.Of mmorgs i playd:D&D-quitd cas u got exp only from quests and not from monsters which is stupid for rpg,then playd wow private-wasnt sow intresting,then 4story-still play it,then digimon world-waiting upsate,pokemon world-waiting update,then regnum-still play  it,dark orbit-quitd,then shin megami tensei imagine-still play it,1 mobile mmorg that i play long time-rhynn,then runes of magic-still playing,and many other games.
And am a big fan of ff series-playd-7,9,10,11 and 12.And for now best game is Hero Mages that i mostl of time play.

diesburgz

Well since I've been a gamer since I was young, there are more than a few:

Like my brother I played almost every card game under the sun: all the kiddie card games, Magic (with my unbeatable Zombie deck), DBZ, Warlord, basically any strategy card game.

I wasn't that big on computer games, but I did play a few of the Warcrafts. I'm amazing at mindsweeper, and my favorite, The Monkey Island series lol.

My brother and I had almost every gaming system, and we usually had most of the games for them. So video games are a check.

I play any type of board games but the two I like most are Chess and Risk. Anything that requires coming up with a strategy. Plus we played miniatures for a while, DnD minis, Mageknight, and the such.