News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Wondering.

Started by Jinkster, January 21, 2011, 10:55:20 PM MT

Jinkster

Hello,

Found this game last night as I was searching Google for card games. Came across a forum that someone linked this game. I played a game and realized its not a card game, but I do love it alot. From a guy who plays Table top games and board games this game Tugs at my strings and I find myself playing games quite often when I get a chance. That being said it would seem that I am the only one online in the lobby. I like playing the bots, which is my preferred play. But I was just wondering if this game is still in fact active or not.

I don't want to spend the $30 for the 6 heroes and Map pack if the servers wont be up long and I lose that money. I have not found many Updates newer then a few months, and not many newer discussions on the forums. If i am wrong and my searching and prodding have just been missed then I apologize and look forward to the map pack and new heroes :)

Here is to hoping for the Dungeons and New heroes and such, and long life with Heromages.

Justin

Kin

Hi, welcome! Yes, the game and forum have been dead for a while now, ever since the AI was released. A few other people and myself still log on once in a while to check if anybody else is on. But most of the time, we find the lobby empty and just log off immediately after that. It's really discouraging sometimes. I think we need a weekly game night, where everyone just logs in and do those 8 player games that we used to do. Also, we need to advertise more on popular game sites such as kongregate or newgrounds. We can probably get many more regulars if we do so.

Ross Przybylski

Greetings Jinster,

I'm Ross Przybylski, creator of Hero Mages.  I'm glad you discovered the game and are enjoying it.  While regular user traffic has been minimal lately, I can assure you that Hero Mages is still going strong and we have many new enhancements planned for the future.  At present time, my efforts have been focused on optimizing the game for mobile platform and social network distribution.  In the coming months, we are planning for market release on Android and iOS platforms with cross-compatbility between these devices and players on the web.  As Kin mentions, getting onto Kongregate and other portals will help us a lot.  Finally, Facebook integration will likely follow which should further help boost traffic.

That being said, the best way to get the community up and going is to tell your friends.  Feel free to use the forums to set up play-dates, discuss the game, or communicate your feedback on the game.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC