News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Hey Ross, What's up?

Started by ZaWolf, February 01, 2011, 06:28:24 AM MT

ZaWolf

Just wondering what you're up to Ross!  How are things going?  Are you working on anything particular feature?

Keep us up-to-date, man!  We all want to know what's coming up for Hero Mages in the future and any ETAs too obviously.

Keep us posted!

Ross Przybylski

Hi ZaWolf,

Thanks for asking!  Currently I am working on optimizing the game for mobile platform - specifically, Android and iPad, as well as polishing the game for the SXSW Competition hosted by indiePub that is coming up in the next few weeks.  The goal is to integrate Hero Mages in the mobile marketplace in the coming months.  The mobile version will be cross-platform compatible- meaning that you can choose to play on any device and connect and play games with the community online.  With this, I am also hoping to integrate a few tutorial missions and eventually start building more upon the game.  It's been very stressful developing, as the performance capabilities of these devices are extremely limited, though I am steadily making progress and hope to have a release available by the middle of the month in time for the contest deadline.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

ZaWolf

Good luck!  I have no doubt you'll meet the contest deadline.  Hopefully you'll win technical excellence in this competition again!  $25,000 should buy you some relax time, and may be free your schedule up to work on marketing aspects of the game.

This would be a big break for the game to win.  But if not, it still expands the platform of the game which is good.

Ross Przybylski

Thanks, ZaWolf!  25K would be a huge break for the game, indeed! Not to mention the free trip to join indiePub and SXSW in person and showcase the game for all kinds of press and potential publishing deals.

Getting the game on Android and Apple marketplace should also help marketing a ton.  Not only does the game get exposure to millions of users via the marketplace, it also helps generate press.  Most media writers (magazine, game reviewers, bloggers, etc.) don't pay much attention to Flash games, but mobile games get lots of coverage.  I think Hero Mages will compete well in this environment; there aren't too many strategy games in general for mobile yet, and even fewer multiplayer options.  Meanwhile, Hero Mages can offer cross-platform playability and a unique play style you can't find anywhere else.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

FrontaLobotomy

The cross platform thing is key. Keep it goin ross