News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

The Great Retreat!

Started by ZaWolf, February 02, 2011, 10:34:44 AM MT

ZaWolf

I created a 2v6 map and called it "The Retreat" cause I figured we may at sometime retreat back to a stronghold position... When I first played this map, I was shocked at out fitting the name turned out to be.

At first, I kinda got the impression we wouldn't have to run back...  We were holding up pretty well!

But then my reaver died, and so did my partners psi.  So we took a tactical retreat back to the strong hold!

But then super sorc came along.. and as all the hero mages approached we could NOT kill that super sorc with her incredible valor, and an FM remained, as we made attempts at super sorc.. But lo and behold.. Super sorc makes her move (kills my Wiz), as we retreat to the top right of the map!

But wait... wtf is this?  My partner gets a gateway.. Retreats to where the opponents began!  And leaves my warrior to die a slow death.  Seriously, they trapped him with 2 iron golems and took 2 turns to kill him while my partner recovered cards.

Unfortunately, what would've been a great victory was ended by a rogue (or was it a psi?) and some summons that were way behind the rest of the group due to movement retardation.

Still.  Perhaps one of the most tactical games I've experienced AND with computers!  Who would've thunk it.  Although, I'd say the most tactical game I've ever played was with The Stoat as my teammate for the tourney!  Our coordination was excellent.  Alas, the ever enticing roll factor just wasn't going our way that game.  And that's a great thing about this game--  Your tactics can be flawless, and that will increase your probability of winning.. but even still, your fate is always in the dice. 

Ross Przybylski

AWESOME!  I love the football-esque line drawings of the plays.  More people should post there battle reports, highly entertaining.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

the stoat

ZaWolf

UPDATE:  FrontaLobotomy and I did this map just the other day and BEAT it, using exactly the same retreat method (only we both got gateway! how lucky! cause we were looking bad and honestly thought we couldn't win).  My wiz ended up dying killing the last enemy hero mage, and then it was just 2 real close guardians left, and all we had left was FrontaLobotomy's summoner and no serious cards.  He was already backed in the corner, so he used skelies to block units until he could kill them.  Really close calls in that game.  Ultimately, I love this map.  If I can manage to make any more fun ones, or if I have a great bot battle with The Stoat or FrontaLobotomy (I usually like their maps) I'll remember to post another battle report and with smaller sized screenshot (since the ones on here it seems you have to scroll right to see the rest of the pic).  I'll also try to work on my penmanship-- it's really hard to paint brush a letter with a touchpad (laptop), and typing the letters option is too neat for me. ^_^

I'm sure I missed a lot of detail of the fight, but I hope the 4 screenshots give a basic, and hopefully entertaining, layout of how we tackled the fight against Super Sorc and her destructive minions.

FrontaLobotomy

That was an epic battle Za, a rollercoaster, so to speak.  I have since borrowed your map, tho I give you credit in the name.

See ya round

Dirpius

Is this the same map that I dubbed "The Great Retreat"?

ZaWolf

Not sure, Dirp??? That's been it's name since I made it.

And that's fine with me Fronta.  I always forget to steal other people's maps.  But always intend to ^_^

Archie

I love battle reports - this is brilliant!