News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Another Newbie

Started by amarriner, November 16, 2011, 09:31:41 PM MT

amarriner

Hey all,
Just bought the Android version of the game (and snagged one of the Minotaurs from Android Gamer!). Wanted to say that I'm really impressed with it so far. I'd signed up for an account a while back to play on the PC, but unfortunately never got around to play. That error is now being rectified.

A (probably stupid and annoying) question: is it at all feasible to play Hero Mages asynchronously? So I take my turn, go do other things for a while until my opponent takes his/her turn and then receive an email/notification that it's my turn again? I realize that this isn't available at the moment and that it probably represents a huge change in the way the game runs under the hood, but I thought I'd ask anyway as that style of play generally suits my life better these days.

Hopefully I've not offended anyone with my question and regardless of the answer I'm super pleased I bought the Android version. Love the game, keep up the good work!

Ross Przybylski

Welcome to Hero Mages, amarriner! If you've played through the tutorial, you'll probably recognize my name, but in case you haven't, I'm Ross, creator of Hero Mages. Thanks for downloading the Android version and supporting the game. Glad to have you with us.

There are no stupid and annoying questions on this forum! I take every player's comments seriously and do my best to accomodate feature requests based on the needs and wants of the community (a quick browse through this forum and the version log should prove just how dedicated I am to satisfying the players).

Technically speaking, an asynchronous game would require saving the game state on the database. The good news is that most of the work involved in saving game states is already implemented in the form of the command log. It's this system that currently allows players to spectate live games or rejoin when they lose their connection. Some other players have also requested an ability to save active games (particularly in single player since each game affects your local stats). So, I will try to implement this request in an upcoming version. I think a push notification or email alert would be pretty sweet as well. I'll keep you updated on the progress.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

amarriner

Hi there! Yep, I've seen your name in perusing the forums, and I appreciate the response. Great work on the game, by the way, it's terrific.

That's fantastic that you're considering asynchronous play! Thanks so much! I sort of figured it was a pie in the sky kind of request as most games tend to lock themselves in one way or another. Even if you're never able to get it going, I do appreciate you taking the time to respond and to look at it.

I'm a big fan of asynch play (especially given my lifestyle at the moment) and I think the android platform needs more of them. Hero Mages would be a great addition. :)

Thanks again!