News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Where is everyone?

Started by viperboy0612, March 01, 2012, 09:07:54 AM MT

Trasd

Quote from: Rial on April 11, 2012, 08:33:51 AM MT
...Another nice have: Coop multiplayer campaigns. Combined with my first suggestion I could imagine a gameplay like this: A "tree of levels" (maps). Depending if the player win or lose the next map is chosen...
Wow, I like this (though I have YET to play another human online - life's been hectic for me lately).

As far as personalization of the characters, I, myself, view this game as more like a detailed game of chess, where the pieces are impersonal.  But, maybe Ross could add custom cosmetics, would this make your favorite mage seem personal?  I don't know if this would be enough, though.

Trasd

Found the problem with the different platforms, read this post: https://heromages.com/forums/index.php?topic=434.0

It looks like a patch was made to the Android version and now the versions don't match - now that this has been discovered, I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Ross Przybylski

Trasd, thanks for stepping up and answering this question: Yes, Hero Mages is cross-platform compatible. I made a mistake in temporarily "killing" this imcompatability with the last update on the "Gold" version. Fear not, I'll have a patch up in a day or two that fixes this problem as well as the other issues users have reported (most importantly the lock-out problem that happens when users join a game while host is editing options).

See my recently added notes here for more details: https://heromages.com/forums/index.php?topic=434.0

Character customization and coop campaign ideas sound great! I recommend you check out this thread for the "future road map" of where things are tentatively headed:

https://heromages.com/forums/index.php?topic=428.msg2224#msg2224
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Zelanius Forcys

I am not sure if I brought this up previously, but I believe that most people who play multiplayer and against AIs are turned off by having to re-do the AIs every single time they set-up a new game. While the games does save the settings in terms of the room settings, the AI settings are not saved at all.

If I were to be playing a game with 7 AIs, I will have to continuously set up each one of them for every single game, which gets tedious if I were to be playing more than 3 games.

Just a thought.

Zel

Ross Przybylski

Thats a really good point! So keep AI settings in memory between sessions? NP. Will add this to my list!

DaKilla

Hello guys. I'm new in this game and I just get it for my iPad. My question is can I create a new game from my iPad? Cause I try but I can't I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.
The game is great!!!!!!

Ross Przybylski

Welcome DaKilla! Glad to have you with us. Yes, you can create multiplayer games from iPad. Once you login to multiplayer, press the button that looks like a chess piece with a plus symbol. See atttached image.

daproject

Thanks ross. I did have a problem with my first account. It was dakilla ( username). The thing was i try to create a game and i started with the name and bla bla and then when i try to change settings before start the game. It says that i wasnt allow and says that the creator was somebody else. So i logout and when i tried to login again an error message come up. Password incorrect. Id tried changin my password twice but no luck. So i create another account and now is all good. But i cant use my firts account anymore. Any suggestions?
It doesnt matter my first account but a would liketo erase that account if possible

Ross Przybylski

Quote from: daproject on April 16, 2012, 07:34:41 PM MT
Thanks ross. I did have a problem with my first account. It was dakilla ( username). The thing was i try to create a game and i started with the name and bla bla and then when i try to change settings before start the game. It says that i wasnt allow and says that the creator was somebody else. So i logout and when i tried to login again an error message come up. Password incorrect. Id tried changin my password twice but no luck. So i create another account and now is all good. But i cant use my firts account anymore. Any suggestions?
It doesnt matter my first account but a would liketo erase that account if possible

I can delete your old account, reset your password, and even change the username on your new account. Let me know which you'd prefer.

Ross Przybylski

@daproject

I figured it out. Your old account name has a space character at the end of it, so it's actually "dakilla "

Try logging in with this and see if it works. I had another user report similar problem. I will add a fix that checks to ensure trailing spaces are not included in user registration name.

Gorstak

Quote from: Ross Przybylski on April 11, 2012, 03:39:14 PM MT
Trasd, thanks for stepping up and answering this question: Yes, Hero Mages is cross-platform compatible. I made a mistake in temporarily "killing" this imcompatability with the last update on the "Gold" version. Fear not, I'll have a patch up in a day or two that fixes this problem as well as the other issues users have reported (most importantly the lock-out problem that happens when users join a game while host is editing options).

See my recently added notes here for more details: https://heromages.com/forums/index.php?topic=434.0

Character customization and coop campaign ideas sound great! I recommend you check out this thread for the "future road map" of where things are tentatively headed:

https://heromages.com/forums/index.php?topic=428.msg2224#msg2224

I think adding campaigns and lvls,would turn this game yet in another countless browser rpg and it would take away only thing that makes this game special.

Ross Przybylski

I agree with you Gorstak. The goal wouldn't be to change the existing strategic gameplay of Hero Mages, but expand in other ways that draw new players to D20Studios gaming!

Gorstak

yes but then all would play that rpg part and none would play original.

Trasd

Quote from: Gorstak on April 19, 2012, 08:41:15 AM MT
yes but then all would play that rpg part and none would play original.
I think that's the part Ross is talking about NOT changing.

Hero Mages is a simple to learn, hard to master, turned based, strategy game played on a board - in affect, it is a sophisticated chess game with more options.  I don't see any way of successfully integrating a RGP type system, but then again, I'm not near as good as figuring out this sort of thing as many people.  I couldn't imagine campaigns in Stratego!

The only way I could see this working is to have a series of teams you must beat in an "open the next level" type of system, like Angry Bird's level unlocking - and I hate this type of game!  I usually remove them if I see locks over stuff (except Majesty: Fantasy Kingdom Sim, this is my only exception).

Plus, I think there are many other things that need to be done before changing the game; it's like Smart Phones, you can do everything on them except use them as a phone!  They should have gotten the basics working before they stated adding bells and whistles - same concept with Hero Mages, I think.

OK, I'm done with the soapbox, who wants it next?

Gorstak

i know he will not intrgate an rpg part in current game,but he sad he will seperatly from this game.