News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Trasd is in the house!

Started by Trasd, March 20, 2012, 09:24:01 PM MT

Trasd

Hey All,

I wanted to officially introduce myself to the community at large (Ross is probably already sick of hearing from me).

It may shock many of you to find that I have not yet purchased the app (I am, of course talking about the Android version Ross compiled), yet I have already joined the forum.  I realize Hero Mages is free to play, and there is a WEB based version, but I plan on playing this only on my tablet (and maybe occasionally on my PC).  I am still in the testing stages.  I will buy the app, but first I want to complete the tutorial and make sure everything runs fine (and I don't want to embarrass myself before I know how to play).

If you are using the Android app, please post your device specifics here; this is to help out potential new users and Ross.

OK, I guess I should say a little about myself!  I have been working with computers since before the first IBM PC came out in 1981 (I had a TI 99/4A before that that actually hooked to the TV and had a cassette tape recorder I rigged up as a hard drive).  I also started playing RPGs a few years prior to this, so yes, I am old.

Besides that, I live in Florida and I cannot spell.

The only other games I play online (there is no pen and paper group in my town and my efforts to start one have been futile) are DDO and LotRO.  I have been playing DDO for only a couple of years and am one of the founders of a very successful guild (both the other founder and myself have recently abdicated so we can "just play" and not worry about running the guild anymore, but the guild is still going strong and I still administrate the forums).  I have played LotRO for only a few months now and though it's hard for me to get used to, I am enjoying it very much.

I was specifically searching for a good turn-based strategy game in the Android Market when I ran across Hero Mages.  Though I like the two MMOs I do play, I dislike the hack-and-slay mentality.  Sometimes I just want to kick back, take my time, and use my brain (that's why I am looking at this program as strictly an Android app, I want to get away from the PC from time to time).

That should be enough to be getting on with, I hope to see everyone online (and give the old guy a break, help me learn).

Ich

Hey Trasd,

Btw, thanks for the spell ref pdf.

I'm playing Hero Mages on HTC Desire HD and Archos 70.  So far, I've had no problems.

Trasd

Hey, thanks Ich!

I have a bad memory for certain things, especially when I am in panic mode, so I figured I could put in a little more effort and share my cheat sheet.  I'm thinking of doing some more, now that I know the game better.

Anywho, thanks for the system info, is there anyway you could publish your statistics here: https://heromages.com/forums/index.php?topic=423.0?

Archie

Ah you are the man who did the summary pdf - your a god amongst mortals! It is so useful!

Trasd

Yep, trying to work on a User's Guide too, but alas - I am running into time restraints.  I'm still working on it, though.

I may put cheat sheets together for some of the other stuff too; I find myself still having to look too many things up.

To make it all prettier too, I have learned how to make the pictures 100% better looking.

Plenty more to come (hopefully)....

MagicMissle

Quote from: Trasd on March 20, 2012, 09:24:01 PM MT
Hey All,

I wanted to officially introduce myself to the community at large (Ross is probably already sick of hearing from me).

It may shock many of you to find that I have not yet purchased the app (I am, of course talking about the Android version Ross compiled), yet I have already joined the forum.  I realize Hero Mages is free to play, and there is a WEB based version, but I plan on playing this only on my tablet (and maybe occasionally on my PC).  I am still in the testing stages.  I will buy the app, but first I want to complete the tutorial and make sure everything runs fine (and I don't want to embarrass myself before I know how to play).

If you are using the Android app, please post your device specifics here; this is to help out potential new users and Ross.

OK, I guess I should say a little about myself!  I have been working with computers since before the first IBM PC came out in 1981 (I had a TI 99/4A before that that actually hooked to the TV and had a cassette tape recorder I rigged up as a hard drive).  I also started playing RPGs a few years prior to this, so yes, I am old.

Besides that, I live in Florida and I cannot spell.

The only other games I play online (there is no pen and paper group in my town and my efforts to start one have been futile) are DDO and LotRO.  I have been playing DDO for only a couple of years and am one of the founders of a very successful guild (both the other founder and myself have recently abdicated so we can "just play" and not worry about running the guild anymore, but the guild is still going strong and I still administrate the forums).  I have played LotRO for only a few months now and though it's hard for me to get used to, I am enjoying it very much.

I was specifically searching for a good turn-based strategy game in the Android Market when I ran across Hero Mages.  Though I like the two MMOs I do play, I dislike the hack-and-slay mentality.  Sometimes I just want to kick back, take my time, and use my brain (that's why I am looking at this program as strictly an Android app, I want to get away from the PC from time to time).

That should be enough to be getting on with, I hope to see everyone online (and give the old guy a break, help me learn).

I love Florida! And you aren't that old! Welcome to HM

Trasd

LOL, thanks!  I just wish I wasn't so busy as I have yet to play an online match except for training, which I haven't been able to get to lately either.  Sorry Die.

diesbudt

It's ok I haven't been on in like a week or 2 as I have been busy saving sanctuary from diablo and the minions of hell.

Character I'm playing is a wizard (surprise right)

Ross Przybylski

Async multiplayer will cure all ;)
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Trasd

Quote from: diesbudt on May 25, 2012, 02:01:39 PM MT
It's ok I haven't been on in like a week or 2 as I have been busy saving sanctuary from diablo and the minions of hell.

Character I'm playing is a wizard (surprise right)
How is the new Diablo?  Unfortunately, it will be a long time before I have a system that can handle it (and other new games).

diesbudt

I love it. Many hardcore diablo 2 fans don"t care for it, because of reasons that make no sense.

And other players like WoW players are finding it too hard for other pointless reasons.

But I really enjoy it. Best part is 2 of wizards spells are : "teleport and disentigrate"