News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Game Manual Download.

Started by Flux Cobalt, April 06, 2012, 01:08:36 PM MT

Flux Cobalt

Is it possible to download the game manual? I would like to have a hard copy of the game manual.

MagicMissle

Ross Przybylski

Good call. The game manual actually needs a revamp anyway for the new interface. I think it'd be great to have a downloadable PDF and I know just the person to talk to.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

MagicMissle

Yeah, it would be convenient. And could you try to put it on Amazon.com for like 99 cents so I can put it on my Kindle?

Ross Przybylski

Which Kindle do you have Magic? I recently submitted Hero Mages app to the Amazon AppStore, so it should be available for Kindle Fire in a few days.

MagicMissle

I just need the manual.. and I have a regular kindle

Trasd

Hero Mages User's Guide

Quote from: MagicMissle on April 07, 2012, 12:11:22 AM MT
I just need the manual.. and I have a regular kindle
You can copy PDF files directly to the Kindle - I do it all the time for my daughter on her Kindle; you don't have to buy it through Amazon.  If you have trouble connecting your Kindle to your PC, I believe you can email it as an attachment (the Kindle's User's Guide walks you through the steps, I believe - sorry, my memory isn't the greatest for this type of thing).

For now, here is a link to a Spell Quick Reference Sheet I created a couple of weeks ago: https://www.heromages.com/community/resources.html

I will also be writing the HM User's Guide, so it is on it's way.  I cannot say when I will have it ready, but rest assured, it shouldn't be too long.  Depending on things settling down around my house right now, I'd say it should be ready by the end of May (2012).  When it is, Ross will be posting it where the Spell Quick Reference Sheet is - I hope this helps.

Ich

Thanks, that's a great resource!

Trasd

No problem, but because of some technical issues (I believe planning a manual just before a major-version update release was a tactical error), I doubt the manual will be ready by the end of this month.

Until the dust settles, I need to revise the date when it will be ready.  I will post the new date when I have a better idea.

Trasd

UPDATE

I still do not have a date for when the manual will be ready nor a guess; I do apologize, but there are major real-life issues going on right now with me and my family.

I am still working on it, but the going is slow.  If you see a user logged in as "User Guide Work", it is me working on the manual.

I will continue post progress reports in this topic.  Wish I had more to tell, but hopefully I will catch a break soon.

Archie

I've done game manuals - well one - before Aldon's Crossing for the Palm and I'd be happy to help bear some of the load.

I'm very busy too with work things but I am sure I can take some time out if that would help.

If you want to see whether I can write or not go to www.edenchanges.com - it's my business and I've written all the blogs and ebooks on that site.

Ross Przybylski

Anyone may create/submit community resources and I'll post in the Community Resources section. Feel welcome to work together, great way to bond over the game and have some additional fun!

Trasd

OK, I was waiting for Ross....

Archie, I'm not that good at Graphic Art stuff, how are your skills?

We need a way to communicate privately so we can coordinate.....

Let's work on that first?