News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Suggestions for v1.7

Started by Trasd, April 10, 2012, 12:35:32 PM MT

Trasd

Ross, you started the 'Bugs with v1.7' topic, so I thought it appropriate to have this companion topic.

• Have the game remember custom party configurations (colors and all) between sessions.
  • The new icons in the main multiplayer chat screen have no help!  You really need to put popup help - at the least - on the icons, or words and icons (sorry, I know this was an intentional change, but it really is confusing). This is repeated from my bugs post.
  • Each forum should have an Archive topic for moving old posts into that are either old, outdated advice, or is now just simply wrong and therefore confusing to new users.
  • Have a button somewhere to clear single user statistics.
  • Player vs Player on the same device (re-listing this one).

I had more, but I can't remember them right now.

Ross Przybylski

Yes good callouts, particularly on the multiplayer/icon labels. I realize the lack of "verbal label" really makes it confusing for some users. My wife suggested that "symbolic-only" icons were confusing and not obvious, but I strongly felt these would catch on and result in cleaner/simpler feel - a trend many games are following these days. I agree though, not so obvious...

Tooltips will be returning for all the buttons soon. And, perhaps for the mobile I might introduce some kind of "label" option. Still need to think about that one.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Trasd

Ross,

Even with the tooltips, you could have opaque text labels running diagonal for both the WEB and mobile versions, it's worth a shot and you won't have to get new artwork - if you have a graphic editor.

BTW, when we post in the forum, could you have the new post display instead of the forum topics (or a choice of the two)?