News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Multiplayer Question

Started by Trasd, April 12, 2012, 09:35:37 PM MT

Trasd

As I've stated elsewhere, as much as I like the game, I have yet to play against another person online; time restraints.  I also have not yet played against more than one team!

Things are finally starting to settle down for me (I think) and I am looking to start playing for real.  Unfortunately, I fear I have developed some bad habits.

Here is my main question:  How much time is usually given for a player's turn when playing against someone online?  While learning, I always set the time to unlimited.  I believe this is the worst habit I've developed.  This gave me time to learn what all the icons, cards, characters, etc., were for.

Also, is anyone willing to schedule some time with me to help me learn the multiplayer aspects, preferably during the day US time?  This would really be appreciated.

diesbudt

Trasd, I would love to teach you how to play. Though I do work between 6am and 6pmish M-F.

Also, I know 2minutes was the usual "starting" time length for players, but most people who has played for a while (myself included) usually runs 45s-1minute.

Trasd

diesbudt, great, thank you.  I will gladly take you up on your offer.  I will get with you and plan around your schedule.  I am in the eastern time zone and am thinking an evening (or more) next week starting after (about) 8:30 my time?

If this will not work, let me know when is a good time for you.  We can discuss the day.

This site does not have PMs, right?  I haven't seen the option....

When we chat while playing - so you can tell me what I am doing wrong (a lot of typing for you LOL) - how does that work with the timer?

diesbudt

That time is fine, just let me know the day you want to first start. And the chat thing, we can throw up 3-4min or even infinite to start.

It can take a while to reach the 1min turns.

Trasd

Cool!  Thanks - is Monday OK for our first try?

I think infinite would be best to start with.

I appreciate this.

diesbudt

DaKilla

I would like to try with you guys. I never play before. The only thing is that I'm in New Zealand. Right now here is Monday 16 of April at 22:31 pm
Hahahaha
I think it would be difficult. Just let me know what you think.
Thanks a lot.

Trasd

DaK, I have no problem with you coming along.  What is your time zone?  I am -5 GMT.  I have a couple of buddies I group with in DDO that are +1 GMT and they have to get up at 2am.