News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Banner idea + random drop

Started by Warmage, April 13, 2012, 09:39:34 PM MT

Warmage

A rough idea which I am calling banners for lack of a better term.

A banner would only have one use per game. The example I would use would be a "movement banner" once per game you can click the banner and it would allow you to move one unit one extra square.

A "damage banner" might add 2 attack dice to any units attack but again it could only be activated once per battle. Others would have similiar effects I imagine as being low power but useful (Health and so on).

I would also make a banner one use only (ever) meaning once you use it its gone from inventory forever.

I was thinking of having them randomly drop in game a certain number of times per day. Off top of my head say 3, so at 3 random different times during a day whoever is playing a game in the lobby would recieve a "banner".

basically it would be a reward for playing and being active, and in certain game types you could use "banners". I like the idea of playing and at a random time the game your playing might reward you with something, They would be one use only so once you used it you would have to get another through playing and getting a random drop.

You could make it a setting to activate if you wanted to use them when setting up a game, and I dont think they would be game changing at all if left to a low power level. Also by setting them to only drop a few times a day and only to people who are in game they wont be super common to get.

No idea how that would be on programming side to fit in and im sure it would take some game testing, but just an idea to see anyone elses thoughts.