News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Hero Mages: The Board Game

Started by Ross Przybylski, April 26, 2012, 09:05:24 PM MT

Ross Przybylski

Ok, so this one is HUGE!

Hero Mages is going to be published as a physical, tabletop board game by Game Salute! Official announcement: https://www.gamesalute.com/?p=27537

I am over-joyed to see my creation come full circle- from its humble origins as a board game designed to entertain friends, to a web-based online game, to a mobile app, and now- to become a published board game as it was originally intended!  ;D

Thanks to everyone who has contributed and made Hero Mages great! You are one AWESOME community of players and I'm so excited to share this news and deliver you ever expanding entertainment.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Trasd

Sweet, Ross,

Congratulations!  I know this makes you feel good and it is well deserved!

I can't wait till it hits the shelves.

Ross Przybylski

Thanks so much, Trasd!

What about the rest of ya's...aren't you guys excited?!? Come on, get PUMPED!

HERO MAGES!!!  ;D

Archie

I'm new round here but I can see playing this around the table with my kids. Keep us updated with news of release dates etc.

And from a fellow game designer (amateur and not published except in his own living room) congratulations!!

WorldChamp(ELITE)

Yahooooo!!!!! I'm so gonna visit every Walmart in the USA to get the first copy of the heromages board game. So I can grow old and give it my children (and kick there butts. haha) and they can give it to there children ( so I can beat them too if I'm still alive.) Congrats HEROMAGES!!!!!

Ross Przybylski

Thanks so much guys! I'll be sure to keep you up-to-date on the latest with this.

MagicMissle

I thought I'd never live to see the day! This is great. Did they approach you about it? Or did you go to them?

Ross Przybylski

Quote from: MagicMissle on May 18, 2012, 09:56:42 PM MT
I thought I'd never live to see the day! This is great. Did they approach you about it? Or did you go to them?

One of their team members discovered Hero Mages in the iTunes App Store, thought it would be great as a tabletop game, and they contacted me to see if I'd be interested. Heck yeah I was!

MagicMissle

THAT MEANS 3 THINGS!

1) Good advertising
2) Great Game
3) PARTAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Tournament  ;D

VanHlebar

Hi Ross:

Any update at all on when the actual board game might get released? I was showing a friend of mine the game over the weekend as we got talking about it over beers and I was telling him that the game was going to be a board game soon. We both are super interested and are planning on buying it as soon as it is released or if we can even place a pre-order we would love to!!

Thanks,
-Eric

Ross Przybylski

No official word yet. Game Salute is still in the prototype phase. I will be meeting up with them again at Pax in a week. Should hopefully have more information for you then. I'll be sure to relay your excitement to them!

VanHlebar

Awesome! As I said, I would even be willing to pre-order :)