News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Implementing PM

Started by Trasd, May 06, 2012, 12:07:03 PM MT

Trasd

I think, as a close knit community, we need a PM (Personal Message) system.  I find it is hit-and-miss to post a message and hope the person it was meant for happens to see it, not to mention having to publicly post personal communications if you need to tell someone something.  It's all to Facebook for me, and I don't Facebook - my business is my own and doesn't need to be documented for the wold to see and comment on (don't get me started!).

If it is possible and if Ross is willing to enable it, is there anyone strongly opposed to a PM system?

diesbudt

By pm you mean send a message to someone who isn't online and they receive it when they log on, like a text/email?

That I would not have a problem with.

We can already send private messages in the lobby, though. And ingame that isn't allowed as FFA or in duels players can have private messages affectng the game. Public messages are fine as that is the politics part of the game.

Trasd

die, yes, you got it in the first part of your message.  PMs are a standard forum system for sending site-only messages and has nothing to do with game play.  It is a lot like email, but is restricted to the forums.  This way, no one has to publicly post their email address.

To be honest, in all the forums I belong to or administer, I cannot think of a single one that does not have this feature.

For example, when I want to ask you a silky question about one of our training duels that I think of days later but will benefit no one to post publicly, but would only serve to clutter up the forums.  Or, let's say I want to send you a file that is not game related, or even send you my email addres; there are a thousand reasons to implement this feature and none I can think of not too.

Ross Przybylski

Ah yes, I think I can enable this with simple admin change. Will look into later this week!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Trasd

Thanks dude!  What did you do for all those years without me...   ;D