News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

AI Forfeit

Started by Trasd, May 06, 2012, 09:29:38 PM MT

Trasd

I'm pretty good at math, but one branch that has always escaped me is statistical analysis, so I may be off on this.

Playing against the AI, I ended up with just my Paladin against the AI Paladin.  The fight went on forever.  With only three 25% chances to hit each turn and each toon having the ability to heal one hit point each turn, there is a high chance the game could last forever (OK, so I'm being dramatic)!  But the game could theoretically last quite awhile.  It took me most of the last Harry Potter movie to finally win.

I suggest implementing some type of forfeit on the AI's part or implementing a draw (tie) option - possibly if neither opponent moves for twenty turns, or whatever.

Ross Przybylski

LOL...it's funny that you mention this.

I regularly run AI battles against other AI's to learn about how the game flow works. On more than one occasion, I've witnessed the so-called "Paladin Standoff" and have seen end-game fights between two paladins go on for in excess of 70 turns.

This is a fundamental flaw in the Paladin's design: her high defense and ability to self heal. I've been eager to readdress this and some other balance concerns (the Fighter Mage's immunity to stun) but have been completely tied up with technical challenges for mobile and new gameplay options.

I have dozens of new "abilities" pre-designed for the character aspect abilities content expansion I planned several months ago. Among these would be a change limiting Paladins to only healing allies while increasing the effectiveness of Bless by extending it to cure all negative effects (hex, roar, imprison, etc).
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Ross Przybylski

And yes, an AI surrender would be cool. I loved playing SC2 and having the computer type "GG" and then give me the option to accept surrender or continue thrashing them.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

MagicMissle

I have noticed all this myself. Archie witnessed me have one of those "Pala-battles" (my name for it) I also say that if you take away the immunity to stun of the FM, my life would be devasted! No Pressure! :D