Hero Mages
May 21, 2022, 06:18:20 AM MT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Hero Mages!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pally vs Undead  (Read 4706 times)
Trasd

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2012, 08:31:43 PM MT »

In most of these games, a Paladin (or healer) has special divine blessings that give them power over undead monsters.  I thought it might be interesting to give the Pally in HM the option to use her healing ability to cause 1 HP of damage on the skeletons.  I don't believe this would significantly change the balance of the game since she still needs to use a card for this feature.  I just think this would add a little more flavor (really I just don't want Ross to have any time to rest! LOL).

Thoughts?
Ross Przybylski
Administrator

D20Studios, LLC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 08:43:03 AM MT »

I like it! This would be a great way to help trade off the Paladin's "self healing" ability towards something more aggressive that will keep the game moving.

Manager of D20Studios, LLC
Archie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 04:44:15 AM MT »

I love the idea. I'd like it if it was a 2 dice roll against the skeletons rather than an automatic destroy - similar to the archers sniper shot power (sorry forgotten it's proper name).

The skeletons are pretty weak already...an auto kill power seems a bit harsh.

And here's me saying this who already loves the paladin!
MagicMissle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 06:38:22 AM MT »

It should also be against the flesh golems as well. They are made of flesh and is literally dead meat compiled into a body by magic Smiley GREAT idea though
Trasd

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 06:51:25 AM MT »

I love the idea. I'd like it if it was a 2 dice roll against the skeletons rather than an automatic destroy - similar to the archers sniper shot power (sorry forgotten it's proper name).

The skeletons are pretty weak already...an auto kill power seems a bit harsh.

And here's me saying this who already loves the paladin!
Thanks.  I am not married to the damage mechanics, just thought the pally dealing - or having a chance to deal - damage against undead would be great.  But, I really think the heal ability should be used for this, even if die rolls are implemented.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: