News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

First Game Played - Beat Gorstak

Started by Archie, May 15, 2012, 11:24:59 AM MT

Archie

It's a true story - I logged on and Gorstak was the only other chap in the room. He invited me to play and I mentioned I hadn't played before online. Anyway he moves first and his fighter mage comes tromping out from the starting point and somehow through a lucky combination of cards and instinct I managed to surround him and kill him instantly!

To which the response was 'I thought you didn't know how to play" To which I replied 'I don't'.

I then eventually won the game although credit to him he played well.

So I recount the story not to brag - not really - okay maybe a little - but only in the fun way of how lucky was I to win a) my first game online and b) against Gorstak of all people!

I know full well it was luck and for the record not only has he seriously kicked my butt in every other game we have played but so has virtually everyone else I've gone up against.

Highlights have been me healing the enemy by mistake, shooting my own people and then, my favourite, fearlessly charging my sorceress against a fight mage thinking I could stun him ... even to the point of casting the spell!!

So honestly I'm not bragging about beating Gorstak ... but then again ... it makes for one hell of a good story ... I beat the world champion ... in my first game...

WorldChamp(ELITE)

World Champion? No need to but in but Gorstak May be on the top of the leaderbaord but Vinman And Markeski and Ross and me and so many others are good players. I've also beaten Gor 3 times in a row. But he makes for a challanging match. I wouldn't under estimate his skills because; Although I very rarely play ranked. He is very good at the comeback.

So yeah When you start playing some others like the ones I've mentioned you will see there are some other WorldChampions in the world of Heromages. ;)

Archie

I hear you WorldChamp and you cleaned my clock pretty thoroughly the other day...

still... he's got the number one spot ...

so it makes a great 'big fish' story :)

Gorstak

yes  ok u did beat me ,congrats on that ),and yes there are many other players that are better than me,for example diesbudt he can kill me in two turns easly,and vinamn is much better than me,but they both quited ranked games.

Ross Przybylski

Ah, I miss hearing your guys battle reports...thanks for sharing your story, Archie! Quite epic.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC