News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Offline play?

Started by VanHlebar, May 18, 2012, 02:03:29 PM MT

VanHlebar

First please be gentle, I have not play any real games yet so I am not sure if this suggestion is even possible. I just found this game this week on my tablet and I played through the tutorial yesterday and I have already fallen in love with the game!

I noticed that it appears that most games are played "live" versus other players through the lobby. Is it possible to have a different method of playing the game that wouldn't require all players to be available at the same time? I see that the game is turn based, so couldn't you implement some kind of push notifications or email notification when it is my turn to play?

Sure games would take a lot longer to play, but it would eliminate the need to be online at the same time. I kind of relate it to the current system that is in place as being like playing blitz chess, you have a very short time frame to make moves and it requires you both to be online to play, but the other method would be more like a traditional chess game. You could still even include time limits on the turns to keep the games moving sort of.

Anyway just a thought, I am looking forward to playing some games this weekend and definately will be active next weekend on my flight to Vegas. :)

I am still doing a lot of reading here on the forums and various pages to get as much help as I can before I jump into playing!

-Eric

Ross Przybylski

Eric,

Never be shy about suggesting a new feature, that's what makes our community great!

The technical term for the feature you're describing is called "asynchronous multiplayer". You'll be happy to know that this is the top feature I'm working on for v1.8.0. I even have a developer blog devoted to discussing my progress as I work to implement it: https://www.indieflashblog.com/how-to-create-an-asynchronous-multiplayer-game.html

~Ross
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

VanHlebar

Awesome!! Thanks for the quick response Ross and I can't tell you how happy I am that your already working on it!

MagicMissle

Good idea! I like that. I noticed just this morning I was one of the only ones on. And all the people did (that were on) played private games -_- It would be cool to have matches like that. Ross, even though I've posted about it a bunch today and the forums... Healer Mage?