News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Cleanse the forums

Started by Archie, June 07, 2012, 07:11:07 PM MT

Archie

Okay I have a few thoughts about Hero Mages and how to generate a stronger community. I had a mind to email Ross directly but on reflection I think it's better to share with everyone...especially as my ideas might be seen as...well...wrong!

I think the forum should be cleansed and any thread that hasn't had a comment posted in more than six months should be deleted.

Reasons

1) It looks like a ghost town - the old threads do not encourage me to post new ones and frankly coming into it cold it looks abandoned due to the old outnumbering the new

2) The older posts often relate to previous versions of the game and it is unclear whether or not it is worth reading them let along replying

3) Some of the older posts do relate to previous versions and therefore have no relevance

4) Starting afresh could be tied into a 'new launch' and a push to build a community including 'Fight Nights', competitions and other good things.

5) Without a community then it doesn't matter how good the game is it will not hit critical mass and ultimately fail

So ... over to you guys...should we cleanse or not?

Ross Przybylski

Very good points and interesting ideas. Others, please comment! I need to know whether or not action is needed.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Trasd

Sorry Guys,

I had a major problem and had to reinstall my OS (on my desktop).  I'm back now, mostly.

I don't remember where Ross, but I already suggested something like this seeing as some of the information is obsolete and can lead to confusion.

On my guild forums (that I administrate), I rarely remove any threads, but rather I created an Archive forum under each topic.  This way there is always a record of posts, but everyone knows the information is suspect (old, obsolete, etc.).  Unfortunately the site is fairly new and not much has been archived, but you'll get the idea.

My forums are here, if you want to see how I set it up.

My 2 cents....

Zelanius Forcys

I do agree that some threads are confusing as they pertain to older versions of the game, so I know where Archie is coming from, especially since I only joined last year when most major gameplay changes had already taken place. However, I believe that Trasd is right in that we should archive it instead of straight out deleting.

This might just be an occupational hazard of mine as I am the paperwork guy at my job, where archiving, recording, auditing, etc, are all important aspect of my work.

Besides, having it as archive instead of straight out deleting will give a good historical reference of Hero Mages, something which I believe will be important, say 10 years down the road, when Hero Mages make it big!

Zel

Warmage

My personal preference would be to not cleanse the forum. Perhaps its because I have been here for awhile perhaps its just cause im old school.

That being said I think it may be good for the game. The first post brings up some good points. Having been around this game for awhile it does seem its in growing and expanding phase as far as community and game platforms and such so it may be a fitting time to do it.

I think if you ponder cleansing forums you also might think about the ranking or having long tourney or something too. Archive everything so there is record of wins losses and forums and all that but then maybe just reset it or a tourney ranking and drum up new forum posts and fresh faces and old ones scrambling for ranking again.

Just some thoughts but im fine either way lol

Flux Cobalt

I would agree with cleaning the forums.

MagicMissle

I like trasd's idea of making an Archive section. It seems to fit the best