News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Bad Experiences

Started by Zelanius Forcys, June 17, 2012, 10:54:13 AM MT

Zelanius Forcys

Today, I joined a game as a spectator, and was immediately told to get out.
I replied that they should put the room as private before leaving. However, the attitude and rudeness was terrible, and I fear that such behaviour is not conducive to the overall Hero Mages community.

I remember the username as 'jedichuck'.

This is not the first bad experience, as I have a previous encounter (with another player whose name I do not remember) where they asked me if I was 'white'. This incident happened a few months ago, but I put it out of my mind as a few familiar faces joined in and we started a game, and therefore, I did not report it.

These two experiences were really unfortunate, but I doubt that this will be the last time it has happened.

Ross, my apology for making this public, as I understand that you have a need to grow the community. Unfortunately, some members are being overall disruptive to the overall enjoyment of the game. I hope my post will not put off future gamers, however, as Hero Mages is a truly brilliant game.

Zelanius Forcys

Ross Przybylski

Sorry to hear about this, Zelanius. It is unfortunate when the anonymity of the internet enables individuals to sour a quality community environment.

When situations like this occur, it's best to play the role of the better person and leave these individuals be. Please do log any further incidents with exact messages, times, and date. Screen shot if you can as well. I will not tolerate hostile agression, racial slurs, or mistreatment of others in public gathering places.

Misconduct is a violation of our Terms of Service (https://heromages.com/legal/termsOfService.html) and will not be tolerated.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

MagicMissle

I have noticed that many people have been rude to Onpoint412. On more than one occasion people have told me "don't let him play" or "kick him out" or simply "No onpoint". I have had no negative interactions with him, but it seems A LOT of people are rude to him. I don't know the causes, or who started it, but I just wanted to let you know this is a reoccurring issue. I am NOT picking sides AT ALL, but just letting you know of the situation. I hope I don't get negative repercussions from this :(