News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Diesbudt's combat summer event

Started by diesbudt, June 25, 2012, 04:49:59 PM MT

diesbudt

So starting June 29th, I will be hosting a "tournament" type event. The rules are simple yet complex.

1) I will be your opponent. You must defeat me on a best of 3 dual games.
2) I choose the maps (will be balanced self made maps)
3) Games will be unranked.
4) Units will be chosen (hidden) except for my elimination rule.
4a) elimination rule - whenever a player wins a game, he/she may not use any of those units left in the rest of the games.
5) spectators will be allowed, however if table talk turns against either player I will remove that person from the game
6) you may only challenge me once every 3 days, and I must be online not in a game to ask for a challenge
7) I can decline challenges if I believe I have a good reason.
8) Whoever beats me will win 1 unit pack or 10 map saves.
9) limit 1 win per person, 5 wins in all.
10) the people/person that beats me must post on here saying so or they won't get a prize (this way more people get aware of the forums

Spread the word via forums Facebook and other Internet social media. (and even in game)

Good luck.

Archie

Consider your challenge accepted...even if the rules made my head hurt a little...basically...'Archie smash' x 3 with different units and then win a prize - I can do that!

Do you have a particular time you will be on - and where are you so I can work out the UK timing.

diesbudt

~~~~~~~~~Running Log~~~~~~~~~~

Archie [W, 2-0]
Round 1: Me - Sorceress, Psionist, Rogue   Archie - Fighter mage, Paladin, Bard
Round 2: Me - Wizard, Warrior, Paladin   Archie - Fighter Mage, Paladin, Bard

Gorstak [L, 1-2]
Round 1: Me - Sorceress, Psionist, Rogue   Gorstak - Summoner, Psionist, Rogue
Round 2: Me - Fighter mage, Rogue, Bard    Gorstak - Fighter mage, Warrior, Bard
Round 3 : Me - Sorceress, Barbarian, Psionist    Gorstak - Fighter mage, Warrior, Bard

WINNERS
#1 - Gorstak (Map Pack) ****
#2 -
#3 -
#4 -
#5 -

****Gor is one of these players I have played probably 75-100 games with over my time here on heromages including FFA, Duels and Teams. This is the first time however he has beaten me in a duel, so make sure you all congratulate him when you see him. This is a big achievement for him.

Gorstak

yes it was a fantastic match!to bad none was spectating to see it((,i not belived i can win,but luck was on my side)

Archie

Well done to you Gorstak. Sorry I couldn't stick around and watch - it was 1am my time when my games ended!

It was an interesting experience playing in this. I hadn't realised how much the custom map would affect things. The 'home field advantage' is massive.

So now I've tried and failed do I get to go again or was that my only chance for this year?

Oh and just for my slightly wounded pride I did have the worst luck with the dice rolls - seriously - two full rounds of attacks with no hits?! Ah such is the life of a hero mage...there is always tomorrow... :)

diesbudt

Quote from: Archie on June 30, 2012, 09:29:32 AM MT
Well done to you Gorstak. Sorry I couldn't stick around and watch - it was 1am my time when my games ended!

It was an interesting experience playing in this. I hadn't realised how much the custom map would affect things. The 'home field advantage' is massive.

So now I've tried and failed do I get to go again or was that my only chance for this year?

Oh and just for my slightly wounded pride I did have the worst luck with the dice rolls - seriously - two full rounds of attacks with no hits?! Ah such is the life of a hero mage...there is always tomorrow... :)

The maps we played on I never used either, I literally built them a day before this started. So there wasnt even home field advantage for me. But yes, that makes it more difficult, when you have played on a map so many times it gets easy to realize where to and where not to go.

That was 1 of the primary reasons I lost the first game with Gor, I had the cards, and had control of the match, unfortunately not taking advantage with the map along with a massive mistake strategy wise on mine (which Gor took advantage of) gave him a huge first win.

Also the first game your rolls were not bad, it was the second game your rolls were... not there. Doing 5 damage in 8-9 dice? on that teleport assault on a 13 armor mage is pretty good.

Also its just 3 days inbetween challanges from the same person, so I dont have to play them over and over and over .

Archie

...not there...

nicely put.

I hope to do battle again then sir in a few days.

MagicMissle

When do you usually get on? I would like to play you for this...