News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Awesome game! Multiplayer question...

Started by Icevoid, June 27, 2012, 04:08:37 AM MT

Icevoid

I found this game on Google Play and decided to give it a try, and it's great! I quickly told my brother about it and soon enough, he was excited too! We played through the tutorial and loved the pacing! This is one of those games where I don't mind if I lose because there's actual strategy involved than just relying on "luck".

However, when I came to the forum and saw the "Multiple Accounts" post, it got me wondering.

If I wanted to play against my brother, does that mean he can't create an account because we're not supposed to create multiple accounts under the same IP address?

Thanks in advance!  

EDIT: I just bought the game on my phone! It runs so smooth! Yay! :)

Trasd

Icevoid, what is meant by this is that one person should not create multiple accounts to cheat the system.  If you and your brother use the same IP, there is nothing wrong with having one account each, as long as one person doesn't log onto both accounts to tweak their numbers on the Leader Board.  Not only will this defeat the purpose of the boards, but it will actually work against you by pitting you against opponents you should not be competing against because they have a lot more experience.  You would probably loose against these guys anyway (and no, I am not one of them - basically I am simply target practice for them).

I hope that answers your question.

Welcome!  I too love this game.  I wish I had more time to play lately, though.

Ross Przybylski

Welcome to Hero Mages, Icevoid! Glad to have you with us. Trasd is correct- no need to worry about multiple account issue for you and your brother. This rule is only intended to prevent abuse of the system. Two bro's playing together is perfectly acccepted and encouraged. My bro and I battle all the time. "Markeski" also composed all of the music for Hero Mages ;)

Glad to hear the phone version runs smooth. You rock for supporting us!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Icevoid

Thank you Trasd and Ross for answering my question!

@Trasd: Another great thing about this game is that I don't have to worry about falling behind because there's no leveling up and such. I'm sure you'll find time to play, because you found the time to read and respond to my post! :)

@Ross: Your brother is doing a wonderful job with the music! I can't wait to see the future expandable content! :)

Time to roll some dice! hehe!

Trasd

Thanks Void.

Ross, now I'm wondering about your relationship with Die!  He (she) must be in the original circle of friends I read about somewhere - in one of your posts or on the site - where you were talking about friends pushing you to create the game (if memory serves, which it usually does not).

diesbudt

Quote from: Trasd on June 30, 2012, 10:49:05 AM MT

Thanks Void.

Ross, now I'm wondering about your relationship with Die!  He (she) must be in the original circle of friends I read about somewhere - in one of your posts or on the site - where you were talking about friends pushing you to create the game (if memory serves, which it usually does not).

Nope, actually he just finished building this web game i think a month before I joined?

Gencon 2008 or 2009... I cant remember, Ross attended showing off Heromages for the first time. I sadly could not go as I was stuck doing a Friday morning Organic Chem exam for college. My father and brother went, met him enjoyed the game and got me a code for the summoner, Reaver, and Barbarian character pack.

The night they came home they introduced it to me, and I played. Many new players showed up then (Warmage is the first person I met on here outside my family) as the first night he joined after Gencon him and I played a few games getting used to it.