News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Hot seat play

Started by Archie, June 27, 2012, 12:26:21 PM MT

Archie

I had no brothers or sisters when I was growing up...I know sad right...anyway...rather than pity myself I used to play against myself at games from wargaming to chess, dungeons and dragons to Car Wars etc.

I know that might sounds crazy but you can shift your thinking between sides and 'forget' your other sides tactics - honestly I'm not nuts its possible.

Anyhow...I would seriously love to be able to do that with hero mages. Basically I want to be able to multi play myself vs another mage who is also controlled by me.

Naturally this would have to be unranked. The computer AI is good but I can win most of the time so...is this possible. Would anyone else want that?

The only other game I play on the tablet is Robotek and you can do that there...which makes me ridiculously happy :)

So Ross...pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease....for all the only kids in the world!

Ross Przybylski

Hot seat play was intended for next release, but, due to best interest of getting async play out there, I'll probably defer to following release. I want the hot-seat interface to work really well (not just thrown together). The good news is that I can leverage my async tech to create a proper hot seat style gameplay.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Trasd

Archie, great minds think alike, I guess - checkout my second entry here.

This was one of my first suggestions, which I'd rather see than... (oh well, never mind).

Archie

Hi Trasd,

I'd be as happy as a happy thing if this came next but it sounds like it will come at some point. And until then the AI humbles me every so often!

I've grown quite fond of a four way totally random fight where I don't know what my team will consist of. That's kept it fresh.

Archie

MagicMissle

I really don't understand what a hotseat is... I feel like a noob again

Trasd

MagicMissle - the "hot seat" system is where multiple human players are playing the game on the same computer system.  The person who's turn it is sits in the "hot seat," or in other words, when it's your turn, you control the system.  When your turn is over, you pass the system (ie Tablet), or vacate the desk chair so the next person can take their turn.

This is a lot ike playing table-top D&D and all sharing the same set of die - when it's your turn, you get the dice.

MagicMissle

THAT MAKES IT SO MUCH SIMPLER (analogy) I have done that before...

Tpek

I would also like to throw in my voice for requesting Hotseat game mode :)

Tpek

Ross Przybylski

Still on to-do list, need to continue fixing other issues first tho ;)

In the meantime, it *IS* possible to play hotseat now, my wife and I played today at the DMV on my SmartPhone. Basically, start an async game, let player take their turn. Then, pass phone. Log out/back in on diff account and *BHAM* hotseat! It's a bit annoying to log/in out but it does work. This is essentially how the feature will work in the future (but without need to login/out or require internet).

~Ross
Manager of D20Studios, LLC