News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Where is everyone?

Started by VanHlebar, June 27, 2012, 02:13:38 PM MT

VanHlebar

I have finally gotten to the point where I feel like I am ready to play others. Been playing a lot of single player games against the AI up until now. I am loving the game, love it love it love it!!  ;D

I have been hoping on the lobby the last couple of days and maybe my timing just is horrible, but I rarely see anyone in there. Got to play one game yesterday afternoon which was fun! Looking forward to getting my first win under my belt, so who's it going to be? :)

Really looking forward to and hoping the ascync option will allow us to be able to play more games since both players won't have to be online at the same exact time to play.

Ross Przybylski

Yeah, community is finicky sometimes. Players come and go in waves. Look forward to async feature next month which should *hopefully* resolve all "finding a player" and ensure you've always got a human opponent ready to play. Check out this page here for a little "sneak-preview" of the feature in action:

https://www.indieflashblog.com/how-to-create-async-part3.html

Later this week I'll be posting Part 4: Matchmaking. Look forward to feature hitting release sometime next month.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

VanHlebar

Hi Ross:

Will the new feature allow us to create games if we know the user we want to play, either by their player name, email or real name maybe? Or will we just select start game and it will give us a random opponent that is close to our skill level?

Can't wait for it to come out and start giving it a test. :)

Ross Przybylski

You're talking about an invite system vs. random matchmaking. Good question. Ideally, I'd like players to be able to setup offline games for specific opponents (using username, real email, facebook, twitter, etc.). In interest of timely release, I may defer invite system to following release.

Right now, I have random matchmaking setup and working. So, you'd request new game, it gets added to stack, and next player to search grabs it and connects (allows for fastest connection possible). This should help build initial audience- then, down the road, I can refine search parameters for players of similar rank, etc.

Also- any LIVE Hero Mages game can be converted to an async game. So, if you want to play with a particular group - as long as everyone logs in together to begin match, you can play out the entire game async. It's the offline connection part for specific players I haven't worked out yet.

Gorstak

yust reached over 400 ranked games played  :o ,sorry for offtop.

Rugman

Big Gratz Gorstak!!!! Truly epic!!!

Ross Przybylski

Quote from: Gorstak on September 08, 2012, 01:13:42 PM MT
yust reached over 400 ranked games played  :o ,sorry for offtop.

And one of those 400 games was stomping me in your crazy custom level. Well done!

Gorstak

tx rugman, and ross am glad u are playing and goin up the ladder )

Rugman

I wanna get stomped in a crazy custom level! Send the invite Gorstak :-)

VanHlebar

Congrats Gorstak!! Now that the v1.8 is out I have been playing a lot more and willing to take a beat down from anyone. :)

I finally beat Rugman after about 4 attempts!! Yay me. :)