News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

New Character/Team Ideas

Started by MagicMissle, July 13, 2012, 02:30:22 PM MT

MagicMissle

Hey Ross. I was up have the night planning all this out, so don't fail me now :D I think each team should get a bonus if you use all three characters of that set (Sorceress, Paladin, Warrior) They should get bonuses because the naturally work well together :D

Sorceress, Paladin, Warrior
For The Emperor- The Paladin and Warrior gain +3 to hit on melee rolls and the Sorceress gets +2 to hit on Destruction spells (added on to her existing +1)

Fighter Mage, Rogue, Bard
Elven Haste- All characters movement speed is increased by 1 and sprint can be used every turn.

Wizard, Psionist, Samurai
Arcane Controls All- The Psionist gains the ability to control select (you select these Ross for it to be fair) manipulation spells. The Wizard and Smaurai have the ability to teleport to each other during that player's turn (you can configure this on the ability bar)

Summoner, Barbarian, Soul Reaver
Dark Intentions-  All characters under control of the Summoner (including Guardians) gain +1 attack die the first time they attack each turn

MagicMissle

^ That was the first half of my ideas:

Ross, and others, you know how crazy and anxious about the addition of a Recovery-Based mage... Well, after thinking this topic over for about 3 hours yesterday, I came up with a team for this Recovery-Based mage :D And my ideas come based on giving Guardians Valor based powers! I love this game

High Priestess (Mage)
5 Valor: Mastered Combat Healing (based on Paladin's) 1 Card- Heal 3 from a visible ally
10 Valor (Passive): Expert Healer- Everytime the High Priestess heals, she heals +1
15 Valor: Postpone the Funeral 2 Cards- Revive ANY fallen ally. Ally has 3 health upon revival
Passive: Staff of Life- At the start of each turn, the High Priestess heals 1 from herself

Priestess (Guardian)
5 Valor: Improved Combat Healing 1 Card- Heal 2 from a visile ally
15 Valor: Giver of Life- Each ally gains +1 max health
Passive: Wand of Life- At the start of the Priestess's every other turn, she heals 1 from herself

Shield Cleric (Guardian)
5 Valor: Defender of the Weak 1 Card- Place a shield on an ally that prevents 1 damage everytime that character would take damage. Last 2 turns
15 Valor: Giver of Protection- Each ally gains +2 defense
Passive: Holy Shield- The Shield Cleric is not affected by melee attacks.

Team Power: Followers of the Light: Instead of attacking, these 3 characters gain the power: Blessed Healing- Heal 2 damages from an adjacent ally.

MagicMissle

Stats:
High Priestess
Strength: 2
Defense: 12
Health: 6

Priestess
Strength: 2
Defense: 10
Health: 5

Shield Cleric
Strength: 4
Defense: 15
Health: 5

diesbudt

That would give combos too much power, removing the customization of mix and matching units.

The sorc also doesn't have +1 hit to destruction spells. Her passive powers is 1 more dice on them and 1 more damage done if a spell hits.

And to argue the warrior and paladin work well with a sorc, when I know for a fact rogue works much better. Would mean the combo would have to be with him.

Also increasing movement speed and allowing sprint on every turn is game breaking too powerful.

MagicMissle

1) Sorry I read the sorc's power wrong
2) THEY ARE FREAKIN ELVES! Supposed to be over powered...
3) I like team advantages because it spices up the game and makes it more challenging
4) You said nothing about my character ideas