News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Awkward Topic...

Started by MagicMissle, August 01, 2012, 01:28:39 PM MT

MagicMissle

Hey Ross... I was wondering if you could help me create my own gaming website. I would like to start something of a discussion website about different games, and allow people to express their like and dislikes on games, and how we could improve those games. Then eventually I would like to pool all these ideas and world wide support into a game that ties both Medieval and Modern time games. I have friends who only like to play Medieval games and PLENTY who will (stubbornly) only play modern games such at MW3 and Halo and all that. I just want to make a game that interests EVERYONE across the board. I know I am only 15, but this would be a great idea for a future career. I know you are busy a lot, but I would really appreciate the pointing in the right direction.
Au Revoir,
Kevin

Ross Przybylski

Kevin,

Sounds like a cool idea! My recommendation would be to build your site using a dynamic content management software like Word Press.

Word Press sites are extremely easy to setup. First, you'll need to register a domain and setup a hosting account (I use GoDaddy.com). Then, from the control panel, you can install Word Press on your site in a matter of minutes (their phone support team can guide you through the process if you're not sure what to do). From there, you can customize the site to your liking using any number of pre-built templates and then tweak it with your own images.

Your entire site can be built directly from your web browser without the need to download or have any tools installed. You can also have registered users and add any number of plugins for things like Twitter, Facebook, etc.

I did my blog in WordPress. Check it out: www.indieflashblog.com
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

MagicMissle

REALLY O.O Thanks. That sounds so easy! Thanks for the recommendation.

MagicMissle

I only have one set back.... Money -_-

Rugman

If money is your only problem then ur in good shape brother! Where there is a will there is a way  :)

MagicMissle

Thanks! That is true! I pretty much have it set up, but I don't have the funds to keep the website up!