News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Hero Mages Prepped for v1.8.0

Started by Ross Przybylski, August 03, 2012, 06:21:59 AM MT

Ross Przybylski

FYI, I've updated the server side code in preparation for the v1.8.0 update. It's coming real soon. Let me know if you guys experience any bugs running in the current version. The code should be backward compatible.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

MagicMissle

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! EXPANSION! EXPANSION! lol nerd moment

Archie

So give us some teaers....what can we look forward to?

Ross Przybylski

Among the new top features...

Asynchronous Multiplayer - Challenge players around the world to matches and take your turn at your convenience. Engage in battles even if you and your opponent aren't online at the same time.

In-App Purchase support for Google Play, Amazon, and iOS. Get access to the expansion characters and world editor!

Friends List - Build a friends list of players in the Hero Mages community and invite them to play asynchronous custom battles.

Random Matchmaking - Never have trouble finding a human opponent again. Asynchronous matchmaking will pit you against opponents and conveniently "alert" you when your game has been matched so you don't have to wait for players to come online.

Game List - Review ALL of your previously played game statistics- who you played against, who won, whether it was ranked or not, etc. back all the way to Hero Mages v1.0 released in 2009.

Game Replays - Watch battle replays of games created starting in v1.8.0 and relive your greatest victories.

And many more improvements and bug fixes...

MagicMissle

THIS SOUNDS GREAT! All of it! My only concern is this! Will the changes to the FM and Pally be included in this?

Ross Przybylski

Quote from: MagicMissle on August 06, 2012, 01:11:54 AM MT
THIS SOUNDS GREAT! All of it! My only concern is this! Will the changes to the FM and Pally be included in this?

Yes. The balance change directly affects the game replay engine, so it will necessarily be included as well. Game replays will work for future versions until a game balance change alters the way the engine interprets the command log.

MagicMissle

Thanks please look on my post about the FM and Pally changes!

diesbudt

May have to try on my phone  while I'm at gencon if 1.8 is up by then.

Rank match making. What are the limitations on this exactly? 100 point difference max? And does it use duel rating for duels or the overall rating?

Archie

Dies if it uses the one on one ranking NO ONE is every challenging you!