News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Barbarian and Bard

Started by Archie, August 04, 2012, 10:37:40 PM MT

Archie

OK so I posted elsewhere that I am losing a lot recently and I come seeking advice!

How do you counter the barbarian/bard combo. Even hiding back doesn't work because the barbarian can run so far. I am beginning to lose with in the game balance with this combo but I am willing to accept I just haven't come up with the solution yet.

diesbudt

- Body block with guardians/summons, when he gets close kill him.
- Low defense nuke him from a distance and/or immobilize/stun him.
- Don't get too aggressive and allow him to reach you with his mage close by (Like some sword duels in movies "dnce for position"

A much scarier combo is psionist and samurai... before ross tweaked them.

Ross Przybylski

With that, the Barbarian/Bard is a very bold assault strategy that can fail if the Barbarian fails to eliminate his target. Because the Barbarian becomes isolated from the group, he will almost certainly be a guaranteed sacrifice if he fails to kill his first target, igniting the Frenzy chain.

Along with what dies has said, think about the potential movement paths of the Barbarian and position your units to block key chokeholds to minimize his ability to chain his attack to further units. On your next turn, focus all fire power on the Barbarian to eliminate him as  a threat.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

MagicMissle

Actually their is a simple fix that I have succeeded with many times against this combo. Pally and Warrior. Put the Pally in between to walls and put a warrior behind/ diagonal to it on the opposite side of where the enemies are. Use Protect on Pally and have the Pally attack and use Combat Healing. It work's wonders against opponents because the Pally get's 20 def EVERY TURN if you have the cards!

diesbudt

Quote from: MagicMissle on August 06, 2012, 01:23:02 AM MT
Actually their is a simple fix that I have succeeded with many times against this combo. Pally and Warrior. Put the Pally in between to walls and put a warrior behind/ diagonal to it on the opposite side of where the enemies are. Use Protect on Pally and have the Pally attack and use Combat Healing. It work's wonders against opponents because the Pally get's 20 def EVERY TURN if you have the cards!

More fun on a 2v2v2v2 (no bots) when a bloodlusted, shielded, barded barbarian runs amok. Ah memories, used him to destroy many people that game.

And my cousins "double double" attack on a 3v3. (no bots) in which he killed all 3 heros on other team on his second turn with just a sorceress. (though my map had some flaws in it.)

Since then me and Vinman have been trying for the triple double. That is:

15+ valor sorc with the cards: mana surge, lightning bolt x2, fireball x2, and 2 other cards.

MagicMissle

WOAH! THAT IS RIDUCLOUS! When do you usually get on? I want to play you

diesbudt

Quote from: MagicMissle on August 06, 2012, 06:14:20 PM MT
WOAH! THAT IS RIDUCLOUS! When do you usually get on? I want to play you

It's completely random. Normally when I'm like "ah I guess I'll log on for a few." last time was like 1:30am Sunday morning, turns out gorstak and a new guy was actually on. Lol

Forums I keep an eye on though at times.

Archie

Problem with the blocking is if the barb is superbuffed by the bard or through other spells he cuts through the blocking creatures and keeps going.

It's odd. I never used to worry about them but recently have suffered badly at their hands - them taking out fully healthed up mages in one round sort of suffering.