News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Hero Mages v1.8.0

Started by Ross Przybylski, August 24, 2012, 04:30:14 AM MT

Ross Przybylski

The release of v1.8.0 is imminent. The update will likely take place within the next few days. Some of the major new features include asynchronous multiplayer, in-app purchasing, and friends list.

Here's a complete list of the new features, improvements, and fixes:
https://www.heromages.com/news/versionInfo.html

Everybody get excited!!!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

MagicMissle

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! FINALLY! WOOT WOOT!

VanHlebar

Impatiently waiting.  ;D Thanks so much for your hard work Ross and I can't wait to get this latest version so that I can enjoy more games and lose more time to this game. :)

Ross Przybylski

v1.8.0 is live on web browser, Google Play to follow in a few hours, Apple, Amazon, and Nook in a few days pending review acceptance.

MagicMissle

I just tried on the web browser, it is still 1.7.2! What's going on?

VanHlebar

Just downloaded and installed on my phone and can't wait to upgrade it on my tablet at lunch! Thanks Ross!!

Now who wants to add me as a friend and start beating up on me??  ;D

Ross Przybylski

Make sure to clear temporary internet files and try again ;)

Someone send me a game invite, I'm starting to worry that it isn't working...

VanHlebar

Ross,

I just tried to connect on my phone and all it does is sit at the "Processing Request" box on the Multiplayer Menu screen. I can't get any further than that.

I am running on and HTC Evo LTE Android. I will try my tablet as well real quick.

Same thing on my Asus Transformer TF300 as well. It is running the stock ROM for that device that has been updated to JellyBean. If you need any logcats let me know and I will be happy to capture some for you when I get back home from work about 4:15 or so.

-Eric

Ross Przybylski

@ValHlebar

Thanks for the update. I haven't seen this issue come up in my testing, but it does concern me that it's happening on both devices. I'll do some looking into and see if I can get you a specialized version that resolves the issue. Have you tried on PC yet?

~Ross

VanHlebar

I haven't tried the PC, I can do that right now while I am sitting here. If you want to do some live testing and use Google Talk, let me know and I will give you my handle.

Ok, so I was able to get to the lobby and all the features via the PC. I sent you a friend invite while there and it shows pending. I just can't get to that main menu if you will on either of my Android devices. It just hangs there saying "Processing request...."

-Eric

Ross Przybylski

Yay! I got my first player invite. Also, I just fixed a bug on server side where it wasn't sending email notifications for new game invites.

VanHlebar

So what about the hanging on the Android devices? Was that the same thing? Also, since I haven't been able to play yet, does HM have push notifications or just email?

-Eric

VanHlebar

Ross,

I just created a game and was able to complete the process and send it off to you on the PC. Everything seems to have gone fine, so I know that much is working.  :D

Ok, so I got the email stating that it was my turn and was able to play, again on the PC. When I went in to the game list though it showed our "active" game and then another one that looks like you tried to create with other players, one of which was declined. I only got one email regarding the game that is ready to play.

Might I suggest changing or giving the players options for how they are notified? It would be nice to for me personally anyways, to get different notifications and then in the body or the subject saying who I am playing or what game it is etc...

In a different game, GreatBigWarGame, they send out both emails or push notifications, depending on what you specify and they tell you in the notification who your playing. It is a little different there because you can only play player vs. player not like HM where you can have more than two players in a game so not sure how you would work this one out.

-Eric

Ross Przybylski

@Van

I received an email for your game invite and completed my turn successfully. You should get an email back to notify you of your turn. Currently, Hero Mages uses email to notify players of turns and game invites. One email is sent to notify you of action items. You won't receive another email reminder until the next time you login.

Push Notifications will come in future release. I know how to get Hero Mages to accept notifications, but I haven't yet figured out how to get my game server to send them.

Not sure what is going on with your Android device and the processing request. Anyone else experience this? I'll take a look at code and prob send you a special version to test.

~Ross

Archie

I just posted a bug report under the support forum as my tablet is showing the Processing error.

Excited about the developments. Thanks for all your hard work!