News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Hero Mages v1.8.0

Started by Ross Przybylski, August 24, 2012, 04:30:14 AM MT

Archie

Okay some more issues experienced - details in the bugs section.

Ross Przybylski

Just uploaded new APK to Google Play that should address "Processing Request" issue. Not sure why it only affects some devices. Let me know if v1.8.1 resolves the problem for you!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Ross Przybylski

Quote from: VanHlebar on August 28, 2012, 07:51:26 PM MT
Ross,

I just created a game and was able to complete the process and send it off to you on the PC. Everything seems to have gone fine, so I know that much is working.  :D

Ok, so I got the email stating that it was my turn and was able to play, again on the PC. When I went in to the game list though it showed our "active" game and then another one that looks like you tried to create with other players, one of which was declined. I only got one email regarding the game that is ready to play.

Might I suggest changing or giving the players options for how they are notified? It would be nice to for me personally anyways, to get different notifications and then in the body or the subject saying who I am playing or what game it is etc...

In a different game, GreatBigWarGame, they send out both emails or push notifications, depending on what you specify and they tell you in the notification who your playing. It is a little different there because you can only play player vs. player not like HM where you can have more than two players in a game so not sure how you would work this one out.

-Eric

I'm willing to add Push Notifications and enhanced email support down the road. Let's see how async multiplayer affects our community- hopefully more downloads and people playing to support the game!

MagicMissle

I deleted my history and my pc is still only running 1.7.2

Ross Przybylski

@Magic

I had this same problem with my Internet Explorer. Are you running version 9? If so, what you need to do is uncheck the box in delete history that says "preserve favorite sites temp files". Then, delete temp internet files again and restart and it should load new assets.

SilverHawk

I had to uninstall the update and reinstall to get back in after the automatic update...but the app is working fine since the reinstall (I think it may have been related to my game settings before the update).

I too would like to see push notifications as frequent email checking drains my battery and slows my gameplay experience...currently have no access to wifi and background processes slow my connection to a standstill.

MagicMissle

@ Ross
My internet explorer is running 1.8.o perfectly fine! It's this other web browser I use called flock (my dad installed it). Flock runs faster than internet so I use it and it is currently stuck in 1.7.2 and it say that I cannot join games because my "1.7.2 version is not compatible with the 1.8.0 version"

MagicMissle

@Ross
I just figured it out. I had to clear my "cache" as well as my history to do it. 1.8.0 works perfectly fine now! Thanks!
-Kevin

Zelanius Forcys

I came back after a couple of weeks of not playing, and version 1.8.0 is out!

The new interface is great, although a bit laggy for me, but that might be more an issue with my PC. However, it is far more stable.

Asynch is awesome, although I hope more players will try it.

Overall, Ross, great update, save for a bug with lightning bolt already reported!

Zel

Edit: Asynch is really great! I have a low end notebook that cost me S$ 400, with a very basic processor, but the games worked on it without lag. Wouldn't ever try live play on it though...