Cant play multiplay on tablet since update

Started by Archie, August 28, 2012, 09:35:45 PM MT

Archie

Hi,

Quick note, I can't get into the multiplay since the update

It says Processing and then just sits there. I can bring up the menu but nothing works on it. None of the links work, nothing. I can see that I have two friend requests - at least that's what I think it is -  there is a two in a circle on that section but I can't get in at all.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 if that helps.

Solo play appears to work fine and has the new features.

Archie

Archie

Okay so I can't get in via my account but I was able to log in via a friends - Furgar - I bought a map pack and an expansion pack and the order appeared to process but the new things are not appearing when I go to create a game.

Expansions were listed as 1.99 per expansion.

When I tried to play a game against the computer first it wouldn't let me quit out from the set uo screen - nothing happened when I pressed the Leave Game button - I then went into a image duel but 8 had no cards and couldn't move.

Its lte here so I need to turn in but looks like a few bugs are in the house,

Ross Przybylski

Just uploaded new APK to Google Play that should address this issue. Not sure why it only affects some devices. Let me know if v1.8.1 resolves the problem for you!
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

VanHlebar

I had to uninstall and then reinstall in order to get the 1.8.1 to install. It seems to have fixed the logging in issue on my phone. I will try and play my move in our game and see how that goes once I get a few items off my desk this morning.

Thanks for the quick fix Ross!!

-Eric

Ross Przybylski

VanHlebar

Ok, so I played my turn and all seemed to work fine. When I came out of the game and into the main menu area, I tried to enter the Chat Lobby and it would not allow me in. I had to exit the app and then come back again to get into the Chat Lobby.

I tried to setup a Random Opponent game and it just sat there telling me it was searching for a player.... with a cancel button. I waited about 3 minutes then clicked cancel. When I clicked cancel it told me that I would be notified when a player was found, so I think maybe the UI isn't working here?

I do see my game pending in my lists as searching for a player when I go to my games list.

So far that is all I found. I will check my tablet when I get home at lunch time.

-Eric

Ross Przybylski

Well, that match-making part is not a bug, but perhaps the UI could be improved. It will sit there waiting for player until a player joins so that you can get a live multiplayer going if someone happens to be on. If you cancel, it will automatically save the game and alert you when opponent is matched to play async.

Not sure about hte chat lobby issue. It seems your particular devices are interpreting some of the AIR runtime differently. I haven't experienced either bug (the processing request or the failure to join chat), but at least we took care of processing request bug. Let me know if the chat lobby bug continues and the exact steps to reproduce.

Still waiting for you to take your turn... ;)

Flux Cobalt

I had the same problem on my Toshiba Thrive 10.1. When I get a chance to update it I will let you know if it was fixed.

Flux Cobalt

I did not see v1.8.1 on Google Play but I reinstalled v1.8.0 and it would appear that it is working properly.