News:

Welcome to Hero Mages!

Main Menu

Just got lucky!

Started by VanHlebar, September 06, 2012, 07:39:20 PM MT

VanHlebar

In one of the games I am playing (UncleDozer??) I thought it was over. While I still had all three of my units (Wizard, Rogue and Bard) my Rogue and Bard are each down to 1 or 2 HP left while my Wizard is full strength. UncleDozer had his Rogue and Bard bearing down on my poor helpless units along with I think 3 other skellies?? It was looking really bad for poor me, then I got the luckiest card I could get. I drew Blizzard (or Ice shards or whatever) and I was just able to move my Wizard into the perfect spot that allowed me to hit both his Rogue, Bard and all of his Skellies. I got some serious lucky rolls and when it was all said and done all he had left was just his Summoner!!

Game is still far from over since I can't seem to get a heal card now for anything but man was a disaster averted for me. :)

It would be neat if at some point we could post a link to our games and be able to have others click on the link and be able to review our game. Just would add to the Battle Blogs I think. :)

-Eric

Ross Przybylski

Indeed. That may be possible at some point as all games are being stored in the database. I could probably write a custom PHP/forum post insert tag that allows you to reference the battle ID and then have that auto-open to a flash game loader.
Manager of D20Studios, LLC

Ross Przybylski

Hmmm...in the meantime, anyone interested in promoting Hero Mages via YouTube??

The forum already supports YouTube inserts directly into the forum post. You could load the game record for your game list, replay the match, and then screen capture the relevant part of the battle you want to show off. This could in turn help people get more excited about the game.

Perhaps something I would even consider awarding exclusive Minotaur access codes for ;)

VanHlebar

Ross do you have to wait for the game to be completed before you can reply it? I can't see how to get the game to go backwards to replay mine.

Ross Przybylski

Yes, game must be completed before you can replay.

VanHlebar

I gave it a shot with one of my finished games with Nickoli. I really thought I had him finished and again Blizzard did me in, one match it saves me, the other it doomed me! :)

For anyone using Linux, video capture from the desktop is super easy! I had this up and running in less than two minutes, including search time and installing the software!

-Eric